New Orange Animal Tariff For PAYG

Guest mrmond

Guest mrmond

Orange recently introduced a new fixed rates anytime tariff for their new and upgrading customers.

It offers a change in the mobile call rates of 25 pence to landlines, up from 10 pence. The cost to call orange mobiles stays the same at 10p a minute.

The cost to X-net increases 5p to 40pence.

The bonus top up scheme stays more or less the same but the 15% for ?15 top up is removed.

The text bonus scheme is completely changed.

Before on text top up you could get 600 texts for ?10 a month ANY network. Now here is the great new deal.

?10 give you ** 50 ** ON NET texts. Yes you heard right. Only orange to orange.

?20 give you ** 100 **

and son on up to a maximum of a whopping

200 texts for ?50 top up. 200 texts ! for ?50. ON NET !

CSR's that have recently received the info on this GREAT new tariff have named it unoficially.

The MONKEY Tariff. Or Alternatively The Donkey Tariff.

Comments ?

MrMond.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pd.ryder

It'll be a long time before T-Mobile can beat those prices!!! :D :P

Maybe it should be called something really racey like "Cuckoo" or "Dodo" :)

Guest mrmond

How odd my reply didn't get added but in answer to being called a liar...

It is completely true.

Slightly tongue in cheek as the name is made up but , yes, in the call centre it has been called that because we can't believe it's offered as a GOOD deal.

The link referred to is for an online only sim offer which is the only way to get 300 txt for a tenner a month as part of the standard tariff.

Only other way is to ring up and argue/demand you want the free txt top up and you can get it put on by insisting and they will reluctantly do it.

reason- as the tariff is still available online they can't make it a legacy tariff ! It is still available on the systems to put on manually.

Legacy tariffs Fixed rates, talk & save, OOH, txt saver etc.

All unavailable now & online offer will eventually go the same way.

ooooh ! I don't like being called a liar.

where do you think my info comes from ?

Don't you think there's a bit too much detail for it to be made up ?

Just "work out" how I KNOW what I'm writing about !

Truthful Mrmond

Guest Jamma14

Wow, really sucks that that's true...how can they be possibly be calling it great?????? I used to feel for Orange contract customers but the payg services always seemed pretty good...I think I may well be moving to a diffferent network too...what a rip off! So just to clarify...will all current payg customers be put onto this tariff or will we be able choose?

James

Guest mrmond
Wow, really sucks that that's true...how can they be possibly be calling it great?????? I used to feel for Orange contract customers but the payg services always seemed pretty good...I think I may well be moving to a diffferent network too...what a rip off! So just to clarify...will all current payg customers be put onto this tariff or will we be able choose?

James

whatever tariff you are on you stay on.

New customers get put on the new amazing deal.

Free evening weekend txt (3000 for ?15 monthly top up) for example. If that is part of your tariff already you can stay on it. If you change tariff to a new one (but why would you want to ?) or change to free txt top up then you cannot change back to any legacy,old style tariff.

Talk & save calls 5p a minute after first 3 minutes for example. Now orange minimum call charge is 10p you have to be on phone for at least 2 minutes to benfit from 5p a minute rate or you still get charged 10p anyway.

another example of how a fairly good tariff is now just about rubbish.

Summing up.

If possible if not already on it the free txt top is probable the best tariff to get on if you can insist on someone putting it on for you on payg.

?10 = 300tzt, ?20=600 ?30 or more = 1000 txt a month anytime,anynetwork, plus 1meg gprs access (which can be used for general internet not just orange world same as ?1 unlimted browsing or ?4 month browsing bundle but they don't like to put that around.

Guest sporkguy

hah - just as T release the new version of Everyone for PAYG :)

My ex is still on Orange with the sim I got her when I worked for them.. I should suggest moving her over to T - but then we're not exactly on brilliant terms right now... Orange can keep her :D