web and walk roaming

Guest proindigo

Guest proindigo

Hi guys I am looking forward to moving my phone over to t-mob shortly. I currently have a blackberry with t-mob and I pay about 22 bucks per month including unlimited roaming (subject to fair usage) Is this tariff only for blackberry or does free international data roaming also cover my phone if I buy web and walk pro.

To clarify... not voice calls roaming, only data! :)

Guest confucious
Hi guys I am looking forward to moving my phone over to t-mob shortly. I currently have a blackberry with t-mob and I pay about 22 bucks per month including unlimited roaming (subject to fair usage) Is this tariff only for blackberry or does free international data roaming also cover my phone if I buy web and walk pro.

To clarify... not voice calls roaming, only data! :)

I wouldn't have thougfht so - but then I didn't know they did with Blackberrys. Have you troied phoning T and asking?

Guest proindigo
OUCH!!!

That is really strange, you would think they would have the same pricing plan for all the devices! The only real reason to purchase the blackberry is to get the tariff, whch they could give to other devices too!

I wonder if you can order a blackberry tariff wait for the card and put it into the vario 2?

Guest dr who
I wonder if you can order a blackberry tariff wait for the card and put it into the vario 2?

I would definitely be exploring that option if roaming data is important to you. Have you tried contacting TMob business to see if there are any other data tariffs available that provide similar roaming costs to the Blackberry plan?

Guest chetzy

i got w'n'w on my contract, went mexico this year, and wasnt charged a penny,

use the net abroad. then after few hrs check on my t-mobile, will show if u getting charged or not.

Guest fleabag
i got w'n'w on my contract, went mexico this year, and wasnt charged a penny,

use the net abroad. then after few hrs check on my t-mobile, will show if u getting charged or not.

I wouldn't be so confident. Charges from foreign networks can take up to 3 months to register with your home network. Plus if it's down to a rating mistake, you can still be billed for it a long time after the event, when they correct their mistake.

Guest chetzy
I wouldn't be so confident. Charges from foreign networks can take up to 3 months to register with your home network. Plus if it's down to a rating mistake, you can still be billed for it a long time after the event, when they correct their mistake.

i hope your wrong, or i gona have a nasty bill, probs should cancell the contract :) well, i duno, but i also read on here some where that another member also never got charged. so...still unsure

Guest confucious
ohh also forget to mention that all the calls i made abroad did register and that was almost instant, so should be ok.

Not necessarily. I hope you're right but it may very well take a couple of months (or more) before the charges come through. :)

Guest battletank

I was charged ?1.30 for 208KB of activity whilst roaming on the TIM/Italy network last week. My bill quotes it as "Mobile data while abroad - inside EU", so presumably there are (at least) two roaming data rates, and it is either substantially less than ?7.50/MB *or* it is charged pro-rata with no minimum.

Guest fleabag

It's pro rata with no minimum. Just to let you know, if you cancel a contract T-Mobile will still send you a revised final bill if more charges are referred to them - which you are still legally required to pay for.

I've no idea how you would have been able to get away without paying for the data - if you have well done, but I fear it may catch up.

Guest jchamier
Better than Orange charge (which I believe is ?20 per MB when roaming).

Yeah, I've been billed ?5 or more for loading one WAP page on an old handset in the US (on old cingular in 2002) whilst a bored passenger in a car.

That's why WiFi is going to win, even with reduced battery life, for roaming users!!!

Guest fleabag
Yeah, I've been billed ?5 or more for loading one WAP page on an old handset in the US (on old cingular in 2002) whilst a bored passenger in a car.

That's why WiFi is going to win, even with reduced battery life, for roaming users!!!

Yeah I agree. Where I live in Cardiff, every street you drive or walk down you'll pick up 2 or 3 connection points. Granted, most of them belong to people who have no idea how to secure their wireless router - but it's great for me keeping connected. In my old house I got signal permanantly in every room - not quite as good where I am now, I have to walk a few metres down the road lol.

Guest Swampie
Yeah I agree. Where I live in Cardiff, every street you drive or walk down you'll pick up 2 or 3 connection points. Granted, most of them belong to people who have no idea how to secure their wireless router - but it's great for me keeping connected. In my old house I got signal permanantly in every room - not quite as good where I am now, I have to walk a few metres down the road lol.

You are aware that you're not legally allowed to do this... :)

http://www.out-law.com/page-5938

Well, not without their explicit permission.

Guest fleabag

I did realise, yes lol. I was speaking sarcastically about how many people don't configure their routers properly. It wasn't until I got my S200 that I realised how many people this included! It would be tempting to jump on the neighbours pipe if I didn't have a fat one here. :)