Wap Query

Guest goochy1

Guest goochy1

Hiya Guys,

I have an unlocked Nokia 6230 it was originally on orange but then i decided to use t-mobile. I couldn't get the wap to work so i've given up. But i've now seen that orange have brought out a new deal for payg customers like me where you get 1000 free txts and 1mb of Internet usage. I'm inclined to change my existing number for this offer but i was wondering as i fidled with the settings on the wap setup wheter it'd work. i.e change the settings auto change. On the options i have either Orange or Orange GPRS which one should it be.

Would be glad of any replies

thanx

goochy1

Guest confucious

WAP? Why WAP when it has full internet browsing capabilities? Does anyone still use WAP?

The settings pinned at the top of this forum should work for O or the ones in the T-Mob section for T but I believe O can send you the settings directly to your phone.

I suppose WAP uses less data - for full browsing 1Mb would last me about 1 Nanosecond but both O and T have unlimited daily usage for ?1/day .

Guest goochy1
I suppose WAP uses less data - for full browsing 1Mb would last me about 1 Nanosecond but both O and T have unlimited daily usage for ?1/day .

I tried another sim and it worked and then i scrolled down to find that ?1 for a whole day so i'll probably end up doing that.

goochy1

Guest confucious

With who?

With T you don't need to do anythig, you are charged normally up toa max of ?1/day.

With O you have to ask for it each day and can't start using it until you have confirmation (up to 1 hour I believe) and are charged ?1 regardles of how much you use.

T's ?7.50 / month for unlimited data on contract is still by far the cheapest way to go.

Guest goochy1
With who?

With T you don't need to do anythig, you are charged normally up toa max of ?1/day.

Thats with orange i can't use t-mobiles' wap on my phone as its ex orange and it won't connect to the page other wise i wouldn't need to change otherwise i wouldn't need to change my sim but i like the offer orange are giving anyway.