Changing phone during contract

Guest whitster

Guest whitster

Currently I have a Sidekick 2 with just under a year left on the flext contract which I purchase with it. However, i've seen the MDA Vario II, what it can do and frankly i'm wanting one.

So I was wondering is it possible for me to purchase a MDA Vario II off ebay, put my pay monthly contract sim card in and everything work properly?

If so, do I need to let T-mobile know i'm doing this? Would they need to know the new IMEI number?

Also I currently have WnW on said SIM card. Will that carry over automatically too?

Guest whitster

K, would they not want the IMEI number though? So if I did lose it I could just pop in the shop and tell them to stop the service? Not sure if thats how it works...

Guest confucious
K, would they not want the IMEI number though? So if I did lose it I could just pop in the shop and tell them to stop the service? Not sure if thats how it works...

The service is on the SIM so can be cancelled. I have an O2 Exec I bought on eBay and am using on W'n'W

Guest whitster

Right, thanks.

Seeing as im asking newb questions and people are kindly answering...

I currently have the ?7.50 WnW but i've read that this one dosent support IM (even though AOL and e-messenger work on the SK2).

If I get a Vario II will MSN messenger work on it?

Guest sporkguy

Yes, MSN will work perfectly on it. I've been using MSN on mine for ages (even at work, ironically I worked for the T-Mobile retail store in Birmingham!).

Put simply, just move your SIM over and it won't make a difference to Tmob which phone you're using as long as you pay your bills every month :)

I've used my main sim (from a V3i) in a Vario, C500, SP5, K800i, MoDaCo C600 and more recently my Brother's M3100 - and my second SIM came in my K800 and now lives in my MDA Pro - it works perfectly in each :D

Hope that helps.