So glad I left!

Guest xspyda

I called O retentions to ask how long I had left on my contract at the beginning of the month, the lady advised me accordingly and without any prompting whatsoever said that if I wanted to cancel I can give my 30 days notice now - are they not interested in keeping customers anymore?

Anyway, we are now almost at the end of my 30 day notice period and I decided I may as well get a PAC code; that way I have the opportunity to transfer my number to my new provider if I decide to do so. So I called this morning to be told that if I now wanted to alter my cancellation request and change it to a PAC request, they would have to cancel my existing cancellation request and put in a PAC request - meaning that once again I am forced to give 30 days notice from today!

I could do nothing but laugh at this and I advised the O rep that she had just given me an excellent reason for leaving Orange! Incidentally, I had done so approx 4 months ago but this confirmed yet again that I have made the right choice!

Since moving to T-Mob, I have never looked back. MUCH better service and MILES better value! In fact, I fail to see why anyone would stay with Orange and their 'animal' tariffs!

I totally agree, although I have had no cause to test TMobs customer service properly with a repair or replacement. I only wish my last three months bills had been a bit easier to figure out! Two handsets PACd over in two seperate months, meaning each month has had 3 different numbers in it, with one number showing zero service charge with ?16 of discount making a total bill of -?16, another showing my actual contract cost and the third number showing a value of TWICE the contract cost but with a large discount adjustment showing. I think it might be the correct final value but to be honest I have no clue!

Guest pd.ryder

I won't be long myself now, unless O miraculously sort themselves out in terms of data pricing (pah - not holding my breath!)

I'm gonna wait until after Christmas until I'm into the last month of my current 18 month contract.

It's nice to still be hearing good things about T-Mob :)

Guest CaptainZok

The more I hear of others bad experiences with O as well as my own the more I wonder, do France Telecom want the company to survive?

The rate they must be losing customers must surely prompt some high level questioning as to their policys and the way they treat their customers, unless there is a hidden agenda?

The thought has crossed my mind also - especially as there was NO effort to try and keep me as a customer whatsoever when I called to enquire about length of contract. In fact, they seemed to want rid, not as it used to be at all.

I wonder if they are conceding that they are well and truly beat in the mobile market and are going to concentrate on other things?

As I said before, I see NO reason that anyone would choose O now over T-Mob - who now appear to have the market wrapped up. Good luck to them, at least they offer value for money!

Whilst seeing out the last 4 monhts of my contract I was paying ?18 / month for 120 mins cross net and that's all! Where is the value in that?

Guest pd.ryder

There has been much written on this site and MoDaCo about O's apparent lack of interest in even pretending to want to keep customers on their books. It's been going on for some time now and you have to question their business model. Where do they expect to pick up the new customer base from? Are they winding-down the mobile side of their business in favour of the Broadband market? I just can't see the sense of it.

Guest CaptainZok
Are they winding-down the mobile side of their business in favour of the Broadband market?

That's exactly what I was thinking. But as you say the logic of throwing away a lucrative phone network and jumping aboard the good ship Broadband seems a strange business plan.

I would have thought that the current UK ISP market there is a good chance of the ship becoming more reminiscent of that great unsinkable of the last century, Titanic.

Guest willieturnip

tbh...my animal tarrif kicks ass! 35 a month..550 mins, UNLIMITED texts, free 8meg broadband, free evening and weekend calls from your landline...

seriously, its all my telephony costs, rolled into one low payment...

oh, and i got a free spv m600 out of it :)

• 1 month later...
Guest johnnystorm
tbh...my animal tarrif kicks ass! 35 a month..550 mins, UNLIMITED texts, free 8meg broadband, free evening and weekend calls from your landline...

seriously, its all my telephony costs, rolled into one low payment...

oh, and i got a free spv m600 out of it :)

BUT...are you a new customer? The only way that I as a customer of 6/7 years could get that deal was to give up my number and have a new one. I said I wasn't happy and their best answer was "just text all yuor contacts the new number", sorry but I know that'll just fail miserably! When i finally went for the PAC code they offered my usual tariff and £160 for an M600 and £9.99 for the 3100! A quick retraction when he realised the 3100 was over 200 quid and he meant the spv c600. I am currently very happy with my MDACIII and Flext 35. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bit surprised that you didn't get a decent offer from retentions... I was offered the 550 mins and unlimited text package, but on refusing and suggesting that there were better offers out there I was finally given 2550 mins, unlimited text and 4 mb of data for the same cost. Asked for the same offer for my partner a couple of weeks later and got the same (minus the data but she doesn't use it anyway) Add in the magic numbers and I haven't had a chargeable call or text since! However, if they close another UK customer service centre I will end my long association with Orange...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darrengf

Orange have recently adopted a new change of policy ( All though they wont tell you)

If you are a burden on the network then they will go out of there way to get rid of you.

It is better for the network to show how many new connections they have made than kept its all to do with figures.

Orange have shockingly bad customer care and they are no interested in fixing it, Shops are not much better either.

Only consumer power can fix this though.

When they introduced there new daft animal tarrfis Orange one month, they lost 33% of there business over night, this shows what consumer power really does.

They had to quickly revamp them in order the get som of the customers back.

I can tell you that orange are again revamping there animal tarrifs in the next 2 months and will alo introduce a new animal.

Orange offer great value bundles with unlimited sms and mins ets.

however they are also the dearest network when you use your phone aborad from mms,

There charges abroad are one of the highest now and you are charged per min instead on per sec like you were used to.

I think Orange indian call centers are more helpful than the uk ones which i thought i would never say that.

Its a shame