Blackberry Pearl and web'n'walk

Guest oliverv

Guest oliverv

Im planning on switching to T-Mobile from O2, mainly to take advantage of the web'n'walk data allowance. The Blackberry Pearl has caught my eye but despite having read through the t-mobile site im still a bit confused, so maybe someone here can offer up some advice.

If I go in to the shop and buy the Blackberry Pearl and get a Flext tariff with the web'n'walk option does that actually entitle me to use the Blackberry services like the email push? (im not even 100% sure that question makes any sense!)

We have a blackberry server at work that I could well be using, so its not the end of the world if I dont get anything as standard. I just dont really understand how it all works and want to be a bit better informed before going in to the shop!

Any advice much appreciated.

hey im planning on doing the same thing, ive got an upgrade due.

afaik

to get the push service, u need to pay ?10 on top of your voice contract

or ?15 on a stand-alone blackberry service.

w'n'w doesnt have any impact on the email service, but its handy to have if you want to browse the net,

i was thinking of gettting / finding some sort of pop3 application i could use on the perl to check my emails using data connection and not the blackberry service.

ps forgot to mention,

if your on a o2 store (not online) contract already you can now add

blackberry service for ?10 xtra monthly if your line rental is ?35 +

also that will give you "unlimited" email and web browsing

- fair usage of 75mb, which may be enough,

so if your happy with the o2 service, then you could do this.

Guest confucious
ps forgot to mention,

if your on a o2 store (not online) contract already you can now add

blackberry service for ?10 xtra monthly if your line rental is ?35 +

also that will give you "unlimited" email and web browsing

- fair usage of 75mb, which may be enough,

so if your happy with the o2 service, then you could do this.

Isn't the ?10 option to use 02s blackberry server? - if you're using your own then W'n'W should be fine.

I used to have a T-Mob Blackberry when they first came out but now have a WM5 device running Push email from my own server. 75Mb s/be OK with a Blackberry coz they are only GPRS, ny device is 3G and I use 250 - 500 Mb / month - but I can view attachments and do a lot more than you can with a blackberry.

sorry yup knew i forgot something.

?10 is to use the o2's servers , but you mentioned you have work servers so you should be ok.

at moment, o2 data tariffs are very step. so you could ust add it , so u can do the 75mb of browsing.

Guest oliverv

Cheers for all the info so far. I have a couple more questions that you might be able help with.

I quite like the look of the Pearl as a device whether I use the Blackberry functionality or not. Would this work if I just wanted to get that phone to use like any other, just to make calls and use the web on it. I read somewhere that you couldn't use the internet on the phone unless you sign up for the Blackberry extras. Is that anyones experience?

Im also a little unclear as to how the Blackberry email stuff works. Would i get a new email address that i would have to use to get the push functionality?