Shift Scroll?

Guest Markrosoft

Guest Markrosoft

Is there a way of 'shift scrolling'? I can't think of a better word for it, but I'll explain what I mean...

Using outlook, it collects my mail every few minutes, and of course most times I go into outlook to view my emails, there's some spam in there. The worst time is in the morning, I'll usually find a good 10-15 spam emails that came in during the night. It's easily managable, but could be even easier if there were a 'shift scroll'. I picture it as clicking a button (which switches on shift scrolling), then scrolling, which highlights each mail as I scroll down, then holding the scroll wheel in and selecting delete. There, gone in one easy move.

Is this already possible? I couldn't find anything. After some extensive google hunting, I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks,

-Mark

Guest Markrosoft

Yeah, just means getting the stylus out which is extra hassle just to delete a bunch of emails. I tend to just use my finger on the screen, but sometimes end up accidently opening the email and then have to close the email and start again.

Its not a big problem though, just a little feature that would have been nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest llch_81
Yeah, just means getting the stylus out which is extra hassle just to delete a bunch of emails. I tend to just use my finger on the screen, but sometimes end up accidently opening the email and then have to close the email and start again.

Its not a big problem though, just a little feature that would have been nice.

use the slider keyboard and hold down the shift key while u use the arrow keys to scroll down and select at the same time.

release both keys, press the "menu" soft key and select "delete" voila..

Guest Christopher Woods

... Hmm. Just tried shift scrolling in Outlook (2003) on my laptop, and it just minimises/maximises the selected day's group of emails (same as hitting the minus/plus sign by the top of the group). Is it supposed to select loads of messages just by scrolling?