My Cingular 8125 is on LDO mode

Guest ne_b4g

My Cingular 8125 is 5 month old and when last week I tried to change my SIM it went on in to LDO mode and while connecting to power red indicator turns on but I cant power on the phone. It is charging since last FOUR DAYS but still showing in LDO mode(red light). How to charge it completely, I am charging it throguh power socket.

Help required.

regds

Edited by ne_b4g

My Cingular 8125 is 5 month old and when last week I tried to change my SIM it went on in to LDO mode and while connecting to power red indicator turns on but I cant power on the phone. It is charging since last FOUR DAYS but still showing in LDO mode(red light). How to charge it completely, I am charging it throguh power socket.

Help required.

regds

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and expecting much help from seniors and experts. Can any body help me on my problem. The phone is still connected to power socket and glowing red indicator. Is my battary damaged completely? Before removing the SIM it was charge completely and phone was working normally.

HELP please.

regds

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

My first guess is that the battery is shot. I would go to the Cingular store and have them test it with a new battery. This happens sometimes when the charge in the battery drops all the way to zero before recharging it. It is a common problem with all Li-ion batteries.

Thanks a lot G_O_T for your response and helping me out.

I was also in the impression that it is some thing wrong with the battery. Interestingly, phone showed the green indicator this morning and when I switched on, it became alive and after all booting procedure it shows the invalid or no SIM screen.(As I am using the same SIM with another phone). I immediately switched it off and then placed the SIM and again tried to power on but what...it went again on red indicator. :)

My problem is this that I am living in a remote area of North East India. Some one from US bought this phone for me. There is no nearby dealer or another similar phone user where I can check for my batteries.

As you said some time it happens with Li-ion batteries, what you suggest should be the procedure to handle batteries when changing the SIMs on a charged batteries.

Many thanks for your time and comments.

regds

My first guess is that the battery is shot. I would go to the Cingular store and have them test it with a new battery. This happens sometimes when the charge in the battery drops all the way to zero before recharging it. It is a common problem with all Li-ion batteries.

I can t tell you the technicalities but my phone come to live yesterday.

After getting irritated charging many days I put it off from wall csocket and thought It is now to be thrown some where and last night before keeping in the waste I just finally plug it in to power and glow orange and then turn to green, I powered on and it is now working...phew.

Lately I brought it in to factory default and attach the memory card and it is working fine.

But It is not synchronising through USB but I was able to do that with Infra red.

I tried all trouble shooting and every thing seems to be in order. Reinstalled Active sync 4.2 did all measures in control panel and on device but in vain.

Any clues???

regards

Thanks a lot G_O_T for your response and helping me out.

I was also in the impression that it is some thing wrong with the battery. Interestingly, phone showed the green indicator this morning and when I switched on, it became alive and after all booting procedure it shows the invalid or no SIM screen.(As I am using the same SIM with another phone). I immediately switched it off and then placed the SIM and again tried to power on but what...it went again on red indicator. :)

My problem is this that I am living in a remote area of North East India. Some one from US bought this phone for me. There is no nearby dealer or another similar phone user where I can check for my batteries.

As you said some time it happens with Li-ion batteries, what you suggest should be the procedure to handle batteries when changing the SIMs on a charged batteries.

Many thanks for your time and comments.

regds