North American Repair?

Guest fr0st

Hi. I purchased a Qtek 8500 through a US reseller a few months ago (I'm in Canada). Obviously, this was not a North American sanctioned purchase. Over the last couple of weeks my phone has started acting really wonky. It freezes up randomly, averaging once a day. A couple days ago it wouldn't turn back on. I'd removed the battery for awhile, removed SIM and microSD, replaced battery and nothing. Left it sitting for a few minutes, and when I came back to look at it about 10 mins later it was magically powering itself up. Very strange.

At any rate, it seems more and more like it's a hardware issue at this point, so I'm wondering if anyone's aware of a North American (preferrably Canadian) repair center that can take care of this for me. I paid a fair bit for this phone when I purchased it, and would hate to see that investment go down the tubes. Also, it's a fantastic phone (when it works that is).

Can anyone help a brother out?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in case anyone cares, I found a great repair shop in Toronto right on the subway line which fixed my phone in about 2 days. Was a little pricey ($50 for the service and $85 in parts), but beats sending my phone to Germany for warranty repair.

www.ic1.ca