SPV M600 Phone Keypad Background

Guest SusanA

Hi there - we have upgrade 15 of our business phones to the M600. Great phone and synchronises well to our network for email etc.

ONE MAJOR PROBLEM - the phone keypad screen is dark grey with black text and you cant read it. Particularly if outside or in phone holder in car. Orange Tech support say there is nothing they can do and there is no operator function to change the background colour. I am told that you can download new backgrounds from internet but the only ones I have found only change the today screen and not the phone keypad!

Has anyone else found a solution to this problem - if so please share it with me!!!

Thanks

Susan

Guest ayhansan

I've had the same problem too, but it is hard to believe that Orange Tech couldn't provide you with a solution. By simply browsing through the Windows folder in the M600, I found to 2 files called Bkgnd_Port.bmp and Bkgnd_Land.bmp.

These are the background images to the Dialer Screens for portrait and landscape modes. All the number buttons and call information are superimposed over these images.

I used Total Commander to copy these files out to the My Documents folder, then, changed the brightness and contrast using XN View Pocket (but did not change the original picture dimensions). The edited files were copied back into the Windows folder to replace the original files.

I have attached zipped copies of the original and brighter images if you want to use them. Alternatively you could totally customise the images to suit your liking, but as long as you keep the original picture dimensions and file names, they should work!

Reboot the phone after you have replaced the files.

Total Commander and XN View Pocket are freeware programs and are easily found on the internet. I think the built-in File Explorer in the M600 will not allow you to tamper with files within the Windows folder. Just goes to say the you mess with these files at your own risk.

Good Luck

caller_backgrounds.zip

Edited by ayhansan

Thanks so much for your advice and the .bmp files. I have downloaded these and can definately see the dialer screen more clearly using the lighter background. You have been much more help than Orange Tech Support THANKYOU

Susan

I've had the same problem too, but it is hard to believe that Orange Tech couldn't provide you with a solution. By simply browsing through the Windows folder in the M600, I found to 2 files called Bkgnd_Port.bmp and Bkgnd_Land.bmp.

These are the background images to the Dialer Screens for portrait and landscape modes. All the number buttons and call information are superimposed over these images.

I used Total Commander to copy these files out to the My Documents folder, then, changed the brightness and contrast using XN View Pocket (but did not change the original picture dimensions). The edited files were copied back into the Windows folder to replace the original files.

I have attached zipped copies of the original and brighter images if you want to use them. Alternatively you could totally customise the images to suit your liking, but as long as you keep the original picture dimensions and file names, they should work!

Reboot the phone after you have replaced the files.

Total Commander and XN View Pocket are freeware programs and are easily found on the internet. I think the built-in File Explorer in the M600 will not allow you to tamper with files within the Windows folder. Just goes to say the you mess with these files at your own risk.

Good Luck