Outlook Exchange Server

Guest danktuft

Guest danktuft

Maybe I'm doing something stupid but since resetting my device at the weekend I just can't sync with my OES at work. I've checked the settings that other people use (Vodaphone version of Hermes is standard issue phone) and mine seem identical. Is there something I could've missed?

Is you company using there own SSL cert's ??? My server is and I have to download the cert before I start to setup the exchange part ?

Just a guess :)

DiGRem

Guest wh1t3w0lf
Is you company using there own SSL cert's ??? My server is and I have to download the cert before I start to setup the exchange part ?

DiGRem

Sorry for going a bit of topic, but how do you download the cert ?

Guest danktuft

DiGRem

They may well be but they would have had to had start doing that at exactly the same time as I did the hard reset and no-one else has had to download anything. I've also noticed if I use the messaging button just left of the earpiece to scroll through my messaging accounts when I get to Outlook messaging just quits. I've also now discovered that I can't change any of the settings under Configure server....

Edited by danktuft

Guest danktuft
Do another hard reset and set it up again - but this time make sure you install your companies SSL certificate.

No need for the certs, these phones are standard company issue now and no-one else has used a cert they just got them out of the box, set them up (as in typed in the address of the server, password,username etc) and it was working. As was mine until I did the hard reset. Thanks for taking the time by the way.

Guest jimbouk

Are you actually getting a connection to the server...if not are you entering the FQDN of the server - ie the fully qualified domain name (or do you need to enter the address of the ISA server - ie the same one as you enter in the outlook anywhere connector)

If you are getting a connection to the server, are you getting an error message when you try to sync?