T-Mobile Compact 3 question

Guest benwiddowson

Guest benwiddowson

Hi,

I have a T-Mobile Compact 3 with web and walk that i picked up yesterday morning. I've been trying to access the internet but i keep getting the following error when it trys to connect to the gprs service " The Remote Party Has Ended This Connection. I rang t-mobile and they talked me through creating a new connection which i did but this hasn't solved the problem. Their systems are down this evening so they are unable to help me further. Any ideas what might be up ? is it likely to be a setting or an account problems?

Ben

Guest Evilkern

I get the same problem on my vario, however it tends to be after about 8 hours of being connected, is this what you mean or is it as soon as it connects?

Guest benwiddowson
I get the same problem on my vario, however it tends to be after about 8 hours of being connected, is this what you mean or is it as soon as it connects?

Yes anytime you try and connect to gprs. I've not actually managed to get it to work yet, and yes i can make calls/text messages (not tried MMS) and i can receive calls and texts. Could it still be an activation issue, ive had the account about 36 hours now.

Guest kurtfhouse
Hi,

I have a T-Mobile Compact 3 with web and walk that i picked up yesterday morning. I've been trying to access the internet but i keep getting the following error when it trys to connect to the gprs service " The Remote Party Has Ended This Connection. I rang t-mobile and they talked me through creating a new connection which i did but this hasn't solved the problem. Their systems are down this evening so they are unable to help me further. Any ideas what might be up ? is it likely to be a setting or an account problems?

Ben

I had the exact same problem on mine when I just bought it. I spoke to a very helpful CS Representitive who checked and thought it was just due to a delay on all of my services being registered with the T-Mobile Computers. He arranged to call me back in 24 hours to make sure everything was working which he did (proptly :D ) and everything was working fine and has ever since. Hopefully yours is just the same delay.

That customer service was a breath of fresh air having just left Orange aswell, who'd of thought of a CS Rep actually calling you back AND when they said they would. I hope Orange are taking notes :)

Edited by kurtfhouse

Guest Pondrew
That customer service was a breath of fresh air having just left Orange aswell, who'd of thought of a CS Rep actually calling you back AND when they said they would. I hope Orange are taking notes :)

Yup, I had similar and was similarly impressed when I had an email problem. The rep rang back that evening as promised although the problem had resolved itself by that time.

Guest chiquita

I had my number ported from Orange on Tuesday and I was having the exact same problem until about an hour ago when they sent me a SIM update and final text message saying the port was complete.

So yeah I think things have to catch up with themselves on the system before it kicks in.

Guest benwiddowson
I had my number ported from Orange on Tuesday and I was having the exact same problem until about an hour ago when they sent me a SIM update and final text message saying the port was complete.

So yeah I think things have to catch up with themselves on the system before it kicks in.

Well i was standing in M&S today when suddenly a sim update came through it was set so loud i ended up looking like a tit but its all working now. Thanks all