Internet connection

Guest jimmmy

Well I ended up going for a MDA Vario 2 for my first ever phone of this type.

Got it today all charged up etc but I cant actually access the internet with it. It says:

Dialed: general.t-mobile.uk

Cannot connect for an unknown reason and then goes an about changing settings.

Its been set up as sent, given the usernames of user and passwords of one2one, wap and pass and they havent worked.

Also Hard reset to make sure i didnt screw anything up i hadnt noticed.

Cant look on the T mob site as its been updated and CS closes at 10 it seems.

So anyone got any ideas of what could be wrong?

Guest Prosody

I'm getting exactly the same issue, just got my Vario 2 today and have been through all sorts of stuff with their Tech Guys.

They said it was a problem they'd had in areas that was supposed to be resolved but has now been escalated back.

Have tried GPRS only in case it was a HSDPA issue, it's wierd tho cus my GF got a Sidekick 3 today, their was an initial activation delay but her GPRS is working fine. :)

I'm hoping it'll get resolved soon. :D

Ok cheers.

Ill see what happens tomorrow then and try talking to them when i get in if its still not up.

Bit nervouse about moving my number over to them until its working though...

Thats strange, Orange had the same issue yesterday (with the same message) - GPRS not working. It would try and connect twice in quick succession before the message "Cannot connect for an unknown reason..." appears.

It is now working (on Orange)...

Guest Prosody

I was sttill having problems till around 9:30 this morning when I received a text from something called "pers". It said it was a system message and asked me to delete it. Then I checked my GPRS and HSDPA connections which worked straight away. :)

Guest Prosody

Guess I spoke too soon.

GPRS is still working but the HSDPA that was working earlier is now giving me that same error from earlier. Think I'lll stick to GPRS for a while. :)