High pitch noise on Prophet M600

Guest mattartist

Guest mattartist

Hi guys,

I can hear a very definite high pitch noise coming from the screen - not the earpice or speaker - of my M600 only when the backlight's on. I've seen other forums discussing other devices that it may be to do with the screen's gasket being compressed.

One solution was to get a screen protector but unsure if it'd work. Another was changing the frequency refresh rate on the screen - but can't adjust anyway on the Prophet. Has anyone had this problem and/or know of a solution.

Cheers

Matt

P.S. I'm pretty sure I've read about this in a post months ago but for the life of me can't find it now that I'm experiencing it - so apologies if this is double posting. Please point me in the right direction if you know of it!

Edited by mattartist

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Robbied
Hi guys,

I can hear a very definite high pitch noise coming from the screen - not the earpice or speaker - of my M600 only when the backlight's on. I've seen other forums discussing other devices that it may be to do with the screen's gasket being compressed.

One solution was to get a screen protector but unsure if it'd work. Another was changing the frequency refresh rate on the screen - but can't adjust anyway on the Prophet. Has anyone had this problem and/or know of a solution.

Cheers

Matt

P.S. I'm pretty sure I've read about this in a post months ago but for the life of me can't find it now that I'm experiencing it - so apologies if this is double posting. Please point me in the right direction if you know of it!

Mine does the same. See link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=266017

Guest awarner (MVP)

The noise has been known on a few devices but with different causes.

It is a frequency issue and can be created by the screen backlight and also charging circuits.

The MPX200 had the issue that when you started to hear the noise it indicated that the keypad light was on it's way out. This does not mean it will happen to you though it's just one example of the sound being created.