Hermes Sim Unlock

Guest shandar

Guest shandar

Does anyone know how you can unlock the sim lock? When I'm using a simcard from a different operator (Comviq in Sweden) than T-Mobile UK the Hermes tells me that the network is locked and asks for an unlock code. What is this code? I've tried to enter pin codes etc, but nothing works.

Edited by shandar

There's a thread in this forum that points to a free simunlocker.

The free unlocker is a bit of a cheat as, I believe, it flashes the radio stack? I've heard that there may be problems with this. I have used the service from IMEICheck in the past and found that to be good.

Guest richard_d
The free unlocker is a bit of a cheat as, I believe, it flashes the radio stack? I've heard that there may be problems with this. I have used the service from IMEICheck in the past and found that to be good.

I think IMEI's method works in a similar manner...

Guest stripeycat

Hm, is there an actual bona fide unlocker for this device yet? I've found one floating around on Modaco, but it seems a bit of a roundabout solution. I want to sell this darn 3100 but it would probably be worth unlocking it to prevent nightmares for whoever buys it. Don't want half measures though... i'd rather pay if it means getting it done properly. Any suggestions? :)

Guest richard_d
Hm, is there an actual bona fide unlocker for this device yet? I've found one floating around on Modaco, but it seems a bit of a roundabout solution. I want to sell this darn 3100 but it would probably be worth unlocking it to prevent nightmares for whoever buys it. Don't want half measures though... i'd rather pay if it means getting it done properly. Any suggestions? :)

Short of paying the operator (if they'll do it) your only options are IMEI'S service or the DIY route both of which are essentially ROM re-flashes. Of course why anyone would want to sell it is a harder question to answer...

Guest The Doctor
Short of paying the operator (if they'll do it) your only options are IMEI'S service or the DIY route both of which are essentially ROM re-flashes. Of course why anyone would want to sell it is a harder question to answer...

They way they've developed the unlocker is by editing the radio section of the ROM and fixing the unlock code. The reason why you need bootloader v1.04 is because it still has the rtask command allowing you to upgrade the radio image ONLY. Also it doesn't check the CID of the ROM update your using :)

IMEI check installs a few cabs on your device(certificates) then jumps to the memory address of a fake bootloader 1.04 with SuperCID (a bootloader signed by themselves) in order to flash the real bootloader 1.04 (signed by HTC) in an nbh file signed by them, the device then reboots into the real 1.04 bootloader (signed by HTC). it then goes into the radio bootloader and edits the radio code with the following commands:

AT@SIMLOCK=0,1,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,2,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,4,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,8,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,16,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,32,22051978

which fixes the unlock code to 22051978. Then the unlocker inputs the code and ta-da! the phone is unlocked :D

The radio rom available to download is the patch radio rom you get after the IMEI check program has done the above, so the unlock code is fixed at 22051978 no matter what your IMEI.

So really its just the same as the IMEI check method, only you flash an entire radio stack and will only work with bootloader 1.04.

:D

Phil

Guest stripeycat
They way they've developed the unlocker is by editing the radio section of the ROM and fixing the unlock code. The reason why you need bootloader v1.04 is because it still has the rtask command allowing you to upgrade the radio image ONLY. Also it doesn't check the CID of the ROM update your using :)

IMEI check installs a few cabs on your device(certificates) then jumps to the memory address of a fake bootloader 1.04 with SuperCID (a bootloader signed by themselves) in order to flash the real bootloader 1.04 (signed by HTC) in an nbh file signed by them, the device then reboots into the real 1.04 bootloader (signed by HTC). it then goes into the radio bootloader and edits the radio code with the following commands:

AT@SIMLOCK=0,1,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,2,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,4,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,8,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,16,22051978

AT@SIMLOCK=0,32,22051978

which fixes the unlock code to 22051978. Then the unlocker inputs the code and ta-da! the phone is unlocked :D

The radio rom available to download is the patch radio rom you get after the IMEI check program has done the above, so the unlock code is fixed at 22051978 no matter what your IMEI.

So really its just the same as the IMEI check method, only you flash an entire radio stack and will only work with bootloader 1.04.

:D

Phil

Thanks Phil - think i will shell out the twenty and get IMEI's solution to the problem. I'm not keen to start messing around with the thing, i just want to get it out the door now :D

Guest The Doctor
Thanks Phil - think i will shell out the twenty and get IMEI's solution to the problem. I'm not keen to start messing around with the thing, i just want to get it out the door now :D

:)

You've also got some kind of insurance with them if it all goes to pot :D

Phil

Guest stemill
If your really nervous about unlocking it yourself call t-mobile/orange or whoever and ask them for the unlock code. It'll cost ya round £10.

Just done this myself. £15 for unlock code off t-mob. £5 cheaper than imeicheck and much easier than pof's method from xda developers (will have to wait up to 28 days for the code tho)

Guest stripeycat
If your really nervous about unlocking it yourself call t-mobile/orange or whoever and ask them for the unlock code. It'll cost ya round £10.

Hm, i phoned Orange about unlocking my Hurricane yonks ago and they wanted a cool £20 out of my wallet. I looked around and found the unlock guide on Modaco, which worked fine; the strange thing was that around 6 months afterwards, while passing under the kings cross viaduct, my sim was fried twice, leaving me with a 'Service Denied' message and a frozen phone shortly thereafter. After two medium-rare cards, i'm sending it home for my Sis to deal with :)

Ended up using IMEI-Check for the SPV 3100 and also for the Treo 750 i just replaced it with, really good service, quick and extremely painless (if not free). Will miss the 3100, it really is a beautiful looking monster, but i just can't live without my thumbboard, and the Treo fits that requirement admirably.