Good onld Vario and it's ROM

Guest awarner

Guest awarner (MVP)

Had a good one with the Vario and the Tmobile ROM, on and off it's been refusing to wake up unless you hard reset, which makes it a pain when using the phone as an alarm clock.

Yesterday on startup it decided to give a Notification error saying Cannot wxwcute CALNOT.EXE

and now this morning after the first alarm went off the notification error cam up but now a new one decided to pop up as well :)

I tried to go to the alarm screen to deactivte the other alarms I had set and was greeted with the classic,

"The file clock cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it's compents cannot be found."

I've had this phone for a year now with out too many troubles but I think it's finally drwing it's last breath :D

Guest orangezorki

It sounds like you are only soft resetting the phone - hard reset deletes all information. I'd backup your data and do that, possibly updating the firmware.

David

Guest awarner (MVP)

Thanks for the advice guys but I do know about hard reset and flashing etc (certainly should do as I've been here long enough :) )

The ROM is the lastest by tmobile and I do not really want to reflash or hard reset until well in to the new year.

The wakeup bug is well known and I think it's more to do with hunting for a signal and getting stuck in a loop. Where I live I get really poor to zero reception.

The other errors appear to be that the phone decided to forget the storage card was there.

Guest The Doctor
Thanks for the advice guys but I do know about hard reset and flashing etc (certainly should do as I've been here long enough :) )

The ROM is the lastest by tmobile and I do not really want to reflash or hard reset until well in to the new year.

The wakeup bug is well known and I think it's more to do with hunting for a signal and getting stuck in a loop. Where I live I get really poor to zero reception.

The other errors appear to be that the phone decided to forget the storage card was there.

You could flash the 100% working AKU3.2 ROM for the wizard available on xda-devs (cooked by Faria)... may also fix the wake up bug as i think it also includes a update for the GSM radio.....

And before i get people PM'ing me asking for the AKU3.2 for wizard ROM.... I'm not giving it to you! Hunt it down for yourself :D

As for the storage card bug... i got that with my tornado, but then again my miniSD was very VERY old by that point... reset sorted it most of the time.

Phil