M5000 stylus will not stay put

Guest buono

The stylus on my M5000 just will not stay put!

I have changed the stylus but it seems that whatever mechanism exists in the casing of the M5000 to hold the stylus in place has worn smooth.

Has this happened to anyone else? if so, what workaround do you use?

Guest Howiehowie93
The stylus on my M5000 just will not stay put!

I have changed the stylus but it seems that whatever mechanism exists in the casing of the M5000 to hold the stylus in place has worn smooth.

Has this happened to anyone else? if so, what workaround do you use?

Hi

Had mine since April and mines started doing the same in the last week. It used do go into its slot with a sort of magnetic pull but that seems to have got weaker. I notice the Stylus has a shinney worn area on the top length of it as well.

I just am aware of it now and check its still there all the time.

regards

Howie

Hi

Had mine since April and mines started doing the same in the last week. It used do go into its slot with a sort of magnetic pull but that seems to have got weaker. I notice the Stylus has a shinney worn area on the top length of it as well.

I just am aware of it now and check its still there all the time.

regards

Howie

I lost mine by a railway track on my way home from work and then found it the next morning. Unfortunately it bit the dust running across a road in bangkok!

Anyway, I have found a decent solution, put a slither of adhesive tape along the smooth edge of the stylus (the opposite surface from the end with the grooves) so that it goes across the join from silver to black plastic.

stylus.jpg

Works like a charm.

Guest Confucious

I just wrapped a bit of sellotape round mine - nothing as sophosticated as buono's effort! I just wrapped it round the silver bit and it's never fallen out since.