Removing items from ROM

Guest fhwong

I only have 10mb left on my internal storage on my phone.

I had a look in my windows folder and there are some items which I want to remove. ppt.exe almost 2meg! I don't use powerpoint and some T-mobile wav files and some mpg4 files that have been installed by other programs.

However - when I click to delete WM5 says that I cannot remove files that are stored on the ROM?!

Any idea how I can get around this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest chucky.egg

Not sure you can get rid of those files

Have you checked your Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) Cache?

Generally this is in

\Windows\Profiles\guest\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

You can delete anything you want in there, although the index.dat file might not delete. Check the size before and after and see if it frees up space

Not sure you can get rid of those files

Have you checked your Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) Cache?

Generally this is in

\Windows\Profiles\guest\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

You can delete anything you want in there, although the index.dat file might not delete. Check the size before and after and see if it frees up space

Thanks!

I got back 6mb of my internal storage!!

I saw in Pauls free software that there is a cab file which makes PIE store all your temp files on your storage card. I downloaded it ran it - am I meant to do anything more? There is no option or program that I can find installed?

Guest The Doctor
Thanks!

I got back 6mb of my internal storage!!

I saw in Pauls free software that there is a cab file which makes PIE store all your temp files on your storage card. I downloaded it ran it - am I meant to do anything more? There is no option or program that I can find installed?

It's just a reg tweak, so it won't 'install' and programs as such.

You can try removing ROM files by removing the read only option via active sync then deleting i think.

Phil