Dash: SMS-E-mail gateway?

Guest Jason Coleman

Guest Jason Coleman

So on my old Motorola V600, I used to be able to specify an email address as the target for an SMS message. This allowed me to easily use blogging services to post pictures from an SMS/MMS message. The Dash only seems to allow me to enter a phone # when sending SMS/MMS messages. Is this correct or am I missing something? I'm trying to figure out how to be able to send photos to my blogs etc vis MMS when I don't have access to email necessarily(Where as I generally can always send an SMS).

Thanks!

Guest djdanska
So on my old Motorola V600, I used to be able to specify an email address as the target for an SMS message. This allowed me to easily use blogging services to post pictures from an SMS/MMS message. The Dash only seems to allow me to enter a phone # when sending SMS/MMS messages. Is this correct or am I missing something? I'm trying to figure out how to be able to send photos to my blogs etc vis MMS when I don't have access to email necessarily(Where as I generally can always send an SMS).

Thanks!

The sms gateway for tmo is 500. You just have to format it right. (you might know this already) send like: "[email protected] hello how are you"

For mms, you should be able to send to an email address by just typing it in the "To:" part.

Guest Jason Coleman
The sms gateway for tmo is 500. You just have to format it right. (you might know this already) send like: "[email protected] hello how are you"

For mms, you should be able to send to an email address by just typing it in the "To:" part.

So I just set the number as 500 for SMS and put the address in the body?

Have you tried sending MMS to email? It locks the keyboard into the alt-text mode, you can't enter alpha characters, only special characters and numbers. Or at least mine does.

Thanks!

Guest Jason Coleman

So I just set the number as 500 for SMS and put the address in the body?

Have you tried sending MMS to email? It locks the keyboard into the alt-text mode, you can't enter alpha characters, only special characters and numbers. Or at least mine does.

Thanks!