T-mobile MDA VARIO

Guest Trice

Hey. Got bored with my old phone so decided to get a new one. Had this a few days and been messing about with it pretty much nonstop. I have a few questions and maybe a few problems though.

Some of which you may be bored of having answered as i have googled the questions and been pointed to this forum a few times aswell as others and read what people have said.

Anyway, for the questions.

The first one is: (probably the most stupid question) but how do you remove caps lock on the keyboard? I hate sending texts or typing stuff and it's all in caps.

The second question i bet you've been asked God knows how many times but.... My wifi detects wireless connections, but it constantly keeps trying to connect to others. Plus as this is related, IE will only connect via GPRS.

i've read about updating the ROM, so figuring that i got the phone from T-mobile i decided to try to get an updated version from them. The ROM doesn't appear to be from T-mobile though. I searched for the WWE or what ever it is. And i seem to have the updated ROM which is:

ROM version: 2.21.2.6 WWE

ROm date: 3/9/06

Radio version: 02/19/11

Protocol Version: 4.1.13.09

ExtROM version: 2.21.2.109

Is there an actual way for me to be able to use wifi or should i just think of it as a broken part of my phone? lol. Thing is, a mate of mine has an old T-mobile MDA phone. And that connects to wifi no problems, he uses it on a regular basis. Why can't the Vario though? :)

Oh and the final question is: I have java games on my computer, but they're all meant for nokia. are there any available for T-mobile MDA Vario? Software aswell?

Thank you

Trice

Edited by Trice

to remove CAPS tap the filled in O key bottom left of keyboard then caps key above, the C at bottom of screen should then disappear?

Ah.. Thanks. Knew it was going to be something stupid :)

By the way my router is a linksys one.

and also.. While at my mates on Friday, i tried to see if i could connect to HIS router, but it would find it, yet not connect. His older version had no problems what so ever connecting though.

Anyone got any ideas of what i could do? I see people suggesting, this hack, and that hack, this rom and that rom, as i said i've tried a few roms, all been rejected by the phone.

Guest hotphil

It should connect to fine to wireless access points. First thing to double-check is that you're using the right username/password to connect (especially if you've had Caps Lock on! :) ) and that the access point isn't locked down by MAC address.