C500 Rocker Glitch

Today for some odd reason the rocker on my C500 began acting weird. Whenever I use it, it locks in most cases the rest of the keys and starts running up through the menus all by itself. The only way to return back, is to remove the battery. Shutting down it by holding the power button doesn't work.

I assume it's a hardware glitch. Maybe excess of dust.. who knows. Although Seeing it only "locks up" only when I use the rocker, it might as well be software related. Though I wouldn't know for what reason it could be soft related, since I haven't installed or done anything to the phone whatsoever.

I've had the phone for almost 2 years now, so I assume the warranty isn't valid any more so Orange won't replace it. Besides, my contract is almost over and I am getting a new phone.. but still, would be a shame to have such a good phone in a dysfunctional state.

If anyone experienced something like similar, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
Guest (CFH)

Hi, did you find a solution for this? I have exactly the same problem with an i-mate SP3, only that the rocker keeps locked downwards in my case.

Guest (CFH)

Thanx for the reply, toyota-f1. I did a hard reset right now to avoid that possibility and the problem persists so, as it was expected, it's hardware related.