E-mail virus on Vario II?

Guest CryBayBee

Guest CryBayBee

Hi all,

Not sure what to make of this.

I have 3 accounts on my Vario II - Yahoo, Gmail and Blueyonder. The first 2 accounts I have no problems with at all. The BY account however, I'm wondering has put a virus on my phone. I have an email that is sitting in my sent account which will not delete (and it was one I received which was one of those spam emails). I tried to move it to the inbox and delete folder and it would not do that either. Then also, sat in my outbox was an email to someone in my contacts with the same subject name as the spam email! Tried to delete/move it and it I could also not do this either. :D :)

Well, I thought I would delete the account and start again. Did that - and then on soft reset the BY account reappeared on the phone! :D

Has anyone had this problem before? I'm worried that because I made a backup of the phone recently if I do a hard reset and then reinstall my stuff I will get this problem back again.

In general I haven't been happy with my BY account for some time because of the amount of spam that ends up in the inbox (compared to the so called "free" email accounts).

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

That is really wierd!

try deleting the account again, and then do what some refer to as a 'registry flush'

after you delete the account power off the device by holding the power key, then turn on again and see if it reappears

worth a try...