iPAQ HW6915 (Stonking Device)

Guest toon9

HP iPAQ owners/users.............

Has anyone been able to establish how this device can be "powered off" ?

(Short of removing the battery............ :) )

I currently turn off all WiFi and then use the "suspend" option that is available.

Now I'm pretty sure this is HP's quirky "off" setting..........some kind of low power state.......I just wonder if anyone has any thoughts ?

Season greetings BTW

:D

Guest nevawlkalone

This is the only way that i have ever known that turns these devices "off" it doesnt have a dedicated power down i dont think due to the lack of it remembering data after the power is cut....(WM2003PPC "feature")

This is the only way that i have ever known that turns these devices "off" it doesnt have a dedicated power down i dont think due to the lack of it remembering data after the power is cut....(WM2003PPC "feature")

Cheers for the reply.

My memory isn't the greatest, but I thought my pevious iPAQ, the 6315, could be turned off......but that was WM2003.

However, my Vario (WM2005) can definitely be powered off, with a held press of it's power button.

This isn't causing me too much concern at the moment, but it doesn't detract from the fact that the power from the battery is always draining away - however small an amount that may be when the device is suspended I've yet to establish.

Otherwise this particular device gets the thumbs up so far.

Guest Pondrew

Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC definately didn't have persistant storage meaning that 'powering off' would actually result in the device hard resetting itself. So I suspect your previous device wasn't completely 'off' so much as very effectively in standby.

Guest nevawlkalone
This isn't causing me too much concern at the moment, but it doesn't detract from the fact that the power from the battery is always draining away - however small an amount that may be when the device is suspended I've yet to establish.

Otherwise this particular device gets the thumbs up so far.

This was a concern of mine...what i did to limit the power usage when i wanted it "OFF" was to shut off all wireless aplication s(Bluetooth,WIFI, Radio) and then end all programs and then suspend it and i found that, even though the battery still drained it was better thn leaving the radio on and applications on...

(By radio i mean dignal...just in case lol)

That's exactly what I'm gettng into the habit of doing also.

The upside is an instant power on after the handset has been suspended, so the pro's equal out the cons for me at present.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest battmann

Hi

I have one of these phones and I am impessed.

The type of storage/memory used is non volitile so it is like a USB memory stick - no power is needed.

The downside of this type of memory is that it is slow, hence I recommend opening the apps you want and minimising them, maximising them when you need them takes a fraction of the opening time.

So in closing when you press the on /off switch it is off - just like a Usb memory stick removed from your pc.

Remember however if you want no battery use - switch off the phone, bt, gps, wi fi, - on the Ipaq wireless screen.

till next time - be blessed

HP iPAQ owners/users.............

Has anyone been able to establish how this device can be "powered off" ?

(Short of removing the battery............ :) )

I currently turn off all WiFi and then use the "suspend" option that is available.

Now I'm pretty sure this is HP's quirky "off" setting..........some kind of low power state.......I just wonder if anyone has any thoughts ?

Season greetings BTW

:D

• 1 month later...
So in closing when you press the on /off switch it is off - just like a Usb memory stick removed from your pc.

Remember however if you want no battery use - switch off the phone, bt, gps, wi fi, - on the Ipaq wireless screen.

Not quite. Unless you remove the battery, there will always be some drain. Otherwise how would your alarms work?

What kind of battery life do you guys get? Can you get through a couple of working days?

I use my mobile for business a lot. Mainly voice calls (a couple of hours a day at a guess) and texts but also some TomTom, a lot of PIM and some web information lookup.

My current phone gets me through 2 days pretty easily and 3 at a stretch. Can the HP match that? I'd love a built in GPS and WiFi...