Free / Used Space app

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

We have a number of Wizards (WM5 PPC, O2 XDA Mini S) which have been in use for a couple of months now. Some of them are starting to run out of space, but what I need is a simple user-friendly app to report where space is being used.

Ideally I'd like a pie chart that shows total storage, and the folders where space is being used. Users could then click on a pie "slice" to delve deeper and/or delete stuff. Anyone know TreeSize for the PC? That sort of thing.

Sprite used to bundle an app called Space Detective with Sprite Backup, but they don't seem to do that anymore and you can't buy the app on its own.

So... (getting to the point finally)

Does anyone know of such an app (or where I can get Space Detective licences), or have any neato suggestions?

Guest Driekus

Maybe something like good old WIMR (Where Is My Ram?)

I use it on my MDA Compact, so I don't know if and how it would work on a Wizard, and doesn't have a graphic interface like the one you asked for, but might still do the trick?

Edited by Driekus

Guest cjgarside

Hello,

I was looking for something very similar for my HTC Wizard (as I still use it) and would also like something for my later HTC Hermes.

In my search I came across a program that does everything you're asking for called Spacefinder/Spacefinder Plus, apart being able to click on the pie chart to navigate to different folders - the folders can be navigated recursively though and the pie chart will display the usage of the selected folder.

It works on both storage card and system memory.

However there is £3.60 charge (via Handango) for the plus version which gives the piechart functionality (after the trial ends) but the free version is still good and you don't loose much if you don't wish to purchase the pro version.

Maybe be this will be what you're looking for?

It's HERE

Regards,

Christian

Edited by cjgarside

Guest chucky.egg

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

Mem Maid is too complex for our users, and the graphical interface is quite important too.

SpaceFinder looks the most promising, but I want to check it on WM5 devices. I'll report back...

Thanks again