PPP settings for T-Mobile UK

Guest mark.lucas

Guest mark.lucas

Hi

I've had my Universal acting as a modem before successfully on T-Mobile UK - even got 340kbps downloads!

However, after a rebuild of the laptop and the phone system, I can get the phone to act as a modem, but when I make a call to *99# the connection comes up , there's a flurry of send/receive data and then the connection goes down and the laptop reports a 720 error code = PPP config incompatibility - all the PPP options are selected WRT compression etc. I've also tried it with the AT startup string of AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","general.t-mobile.uk","" but this makes no difference. The phone can connect to the inter net normally OK an picks up email.

Azzurri my service provider don't have a clue so has anyone had this problem before and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks for any input in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I've had my Universal acting as a modem before successfully on T-Mobile UK - even got 340kbps downloads!

However, after a rebuild of the laptop and the phone system, I can get the phone to act as a modem, but when I make a call to *99# the connection comes up , there's a flurry of send/receive data and then the connection goes down and the laptop reports a 720 error code = PPP config incompatibility - all the PPP options are selected WRT compression etc. I've also tried it with the AT startup string of AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","general.t-mobile.uk","" but this makes no difference. The phone can connect to the inter net normally OK an picks up email.

Azzurri my service provider don't have a clue so has anyone had this problem before and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks for any input in advance.

Change the AT String to at+cgdcont=1,"IP","general.t-mobile.uk"

Case specific

That's all you should need...