Voice notes Shortcut on Startmenu?

Guest ccarrara

Guest ccarrara

I'm trying to put a shortcut to the Voice Notes application in my Start menu directory on the Blackjack. I HATE having to go into the Organizing folder, them selecting it on the 2nd page....

BUT, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work. If you try and cut or copy the shortcut and drop it in another directory, you get an error (read only file...). If you create a new shortcut, (right click, create new shortcut), then copy the new one to a different directory, it copies ok, but the shortcut doesn't work from the Start menu (error: one or more things missing from applications...).

The short cut is: "POUTLOOK.EXE notes"

I've even tried regeditign the Start menu order, and adding the shortcut (with and without it's path),. and that doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to do this with this item?

Guest srichins

What about adding to the quick menu (launched by depressing the thumbwheel for a sec or two)? Just select edit, menu, add, application, and find voice notes.

I'm trying to put a shortcut to the Voice Notes application in my Start menu directory on the Blackjack. I HATE having to go into the Organizing folder, them selecting it on the 2nd page....

BUT, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work. If you try and cut or copy the shortcut and drop it in another directory, you get an error (read only file...). If you create a new shortcut, (right click, create new shortcut), then copy the new one to a different directory, it copies ok, but the shortcut doesn't work from the Start menu (error: one or more things missing from applications...).

The short cut is: "POUTLOOK.EXE notes"

I've even tried regeditign the Start menu order, and adding the shortcut (with and without it's path),. and that doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to do this with this item?

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Maybe you will be able to make a new shortcut by connecting the phone using ActiveSync to a computer, instead of making the shortcut using your phone.

Guest ccarrara
Maybe you will be able to make a new shortcut by connecting the phone using ActiveSync to a computer, instead of making the shortcut using your phone.

I tried using the phone, and using active sync.

I actually found out, there is already a shortcut cut to start the application. Hold down the Volume button Up or down for a second and Voice Notes starts.

But I would still love to know how to change some of the "locked" start menu items.