Don't want active sync

Guest bingobob

Guest bingobob

I don't want active sync - I like to do things manually.

Is it possible that I can ditch it and just have my Vario appear as a mass storage device when I connect it to my PC?

ta

bb

Sort of,

if you install WM5torage from >HERE< it will let you use the memory card as a USB device.

Of course this will only let you access the card, so if you need to transfer anything to/from your 'phone' storage you will need to copy it to the card first with the file manager

Having said all that why don't you want to use ActiveSync? It's really quite useful:

Sync (and backup) all your Contacts, Tasks, Calendar to Outlook

Add/Remove programs

Pass through internet connection via Bluetooth

Guest mikeeey
Sort of,

if you install WM5torage from >HERE< it will let you use the memory card as a USB device.

Of course this will only let you access the card, so if you need to transfer anything to/from your 'phone' storage you will need to copy it to the card first with the file manager

Having said all that why don't you want to use ActiveSync? It's really quite useful:

Sync (and backup) all your Contacts, Tasks, Calendar to Outlook

Add/Remove programs

Pass through internet connection via Bluetooth

and remember u have to have your phone application unlocked to use WMstorage

Guest bingobob
and remember u have to have your phone application unlocked to use WMstorage

Yes, i had a quick look. Whole unlocking thing scares me a bit at the moment.

I havent messed with the Vario at the moment and although I'd like it unlocked at some point for the time being I think i will stick with it locked on t-mobile in case anything goes wrong, i can go back to the shop with it and haggle about exchanges etc with no worries.

Was hoping the device would be seen as a mass storage device by default! That would be the most elegant for me.

But anyways maybe i will just learn to love activesync.