MDA Compact III losing text center number

Guest nicklew

Guest nicklew

Hello,

As the title explains, my phone loses the text center number. This sometimes happens when its turned off, and sometimes just after being on for a while. Ive spoken to t-mob, and theyve said the usual..do a reset, etc. and also had one semi-useful guy "renewing the text profile" - which simply resulted in me getting a text to delete after a while.

Any ideas how to solve this? Its v.annoying!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TreColl
Hello,

As the title explains, my phone loses the text center number. This sometimes happens when its turned off, and sometimes just after being on for a while. Ive spoken to t-mob, and theyve said the usual..do a reset, etc. and also had one semi-useful guy "renewing the text profile" - which simply resulted in me getting a text to delete after a while.

Any ideas how to solve this? Its v.annoying!

Thanks.

Mine too has just done this, the number is available on thier website (help and support) but its a bit annoying having to re-enter it every now and then:P

Nicklew, have you got a fix yet??

TIA

Rob

Guest TreColl
Let me know if its any better - its still happening for me! Good luck :)

It happened again this morning, still waiting for a call, tho i might go to them in my lunch break to see if they got any in!

Im just going to hard reset it, i cant be bovverd to wait for them to fone.

Ill reset it and see if that changes anything

Edited by TreColl

Guest TreColl

Although it hasn't lost the number for a few days.... I'm going to go into t-mobile on wednesday....asking why they haven't phoned my back...etc...etc...

Then demand a new handset, even if its not meant to be a replacement handset, and i get a whole new device!!

I'll let you know how i get on!

• 4 weeks later...

I have this problem too. I've resorted to keeping a text file with the service center number in it, so that when I notice it's been lost, I can re-enter it.

I cant spot a pattern as to when the number goes missing, but if anyone has found a solution for this, please tell me!

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest masa69

I also have this problem and after a bit of investigating i have been able to work out what causes it, although i don't know what the solution is yet until i contact t-mobile !

Run co pilot and then exit co pilot, Turn off your phone.

When you restart the phone the SMS service number is missing

Apologies if you are not using co pilot on your device, however this is definately the cause on my device.

In the mean time i have resorted to writing the service number on the back of the battery cover for future reference!!

In case anyone doesn't have the T-mobile SMS service centre number it's +44 7958879879