Pocket Snow brings the white stuff to your Pocket PC

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Everyone loves snow... and everyone knows that it should snow at Christmas (although it rarely does here in the UK).

WELL, don't be disappointed this year... guarantee your snowfall with Pocket Snow for Pocket PC!

From the Solid Orb site:

PocketSnow puts you right in the mood for a (white) Christmas by making it snow on your Pocket PC!
post-1-1166732980_thumb.gif

The real looking snow is highly configurable; you can change:

• the opacity of the snowflakes
  • the density of the snow
  • the gravity (vertical speed)
  • the wind (direction & force)
  • the color of the snow

The best part about PocketSnow is that it adds the extra touch of ambience to your Pocket PC, while you continue working with your other programs on your device! The snow always moves on top of everything else on the screen without interfering with your programs.

I've put it on my device for a chuckle, and it's a nice effect. What's more, a free 7 day trial is available, after which you'll either 1 - be sick of snow or 2 - want to buy it for a very reasonable $3.99 (at least theoretically, I can't find a working purchase link for the 2 year old app :D) Not sure why you'd want to change the color (sic) of the snow tho? I've heard about yellow snow, yes, but that generally doesn't fall from the sky does it? :)

More details at the Pocket Snow page :D

P

PS It's much better than it looks in the picture above :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.