Headphones with the blackjack....

Guest eightballrj

Guest eightballrj

Well, I got my blackjack, my two gig SanDisk MicroSD card, and headphone adapter. Well, with the adapter in while changing songs I get a really loud popping. I assume this is due to the adapter because the speaker doesn't do it when its played through it. It sounds exactly like "turn on pop" from a car audio amplifier. I hear that the Samsung ones dont do this. I just wanted to know if any of you have purchased the samsung ones and can report on sound quality? I have a set of Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Pros and they are amazing earbuds but they sound very very tinny in that adapter. I want to use the blackjack as my workout mp3 player and I want some decent headphones for it. Thanks for any help you can offer guys!!

Richard

Guest PPCPassion

I don't have the adaptor, so can't compare but using OEM headphones, I do not hear any popping noise during track changes. I did buy from eBay which was much cheaper than my local Cingular store.

• 1 month later...
Guest actionj

I also have popping when changing songs or performing other functions with the adapter. Until there is an OEM or better adapter its going to be really annoying.

• 1 month later...
Guest vwbdrick
My Samsung has a WOWXT app that adjusts bass and stuff. Do you have a similar app? Try changing some settings?

Our blackjacks don't have anything like that unfortunately. Just volume control. I take it your phone also runs wm5 sp too? working right now and can't check (truck driver). Is that program in ROM or did you d/l from somewhere?

Guest Joelsch
Our blackjacks don't have anything like that unfortunately. Just volume control. I take it your phone also runs wm5 sp too? working right now and can't check (truck driver). Is that program in ROM or did you d/l from somewhere?

Did anyone happen to find this app? I too bought the headphone adapter from eBay and experience the loud popping noise. Has anyone got around this yet? Are there 3rd party headphones available for the phone yet (aside from the OEM headphones)?

-Joelsch

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MotoBaller

if you get the headset adapter make sure you are getting a good one and pay good money for it. my first headphone adapter I paid 3 dollars for it on ebay and it always had a poppin sound - so I found one for 24$ and it works great! cheap is not always better!

• 8 months later...

Samsung I600, european WM6 firmware UXXXG2.

I bought a cheap adapter on ebay and a pair of Super.fi 3 studio headphones.

No pop at all (maybe it is a MP3 file/player issue?).

Anyway, Super.fi 3 sound (very) distorted unless I use the provided attenuator. So I can hear a good sound, but volume is too low, even compared to the original samsung earphones.

I guess it's for the 13 Ohm impedance of the Super.fi 3. Do Super.fi 5, which are 21 Ohms, sound louder and undistorted?

Anybody knows what's the impedance of the samsung earphones and the audio power output of the i600?