QuickGPS data constantly showing as 'Expired' despite updates

Guest unorthodox

Guest unorthodox

Hi, has anyone else had this problem since performing a hard reset on their device?

I have an O2 Orbit which due to SKTools messing up my phone (It was constantly soft rebooting every time it loaded up the 'Today' screen :) ), I have had to do a hard reset. But since then, QuickGPS keeps showing the GPS data as 'Expired' even though i've updated it (i've tried the download update data more than 20 times!!! :D ). I've had to turn the 'notify when expired' setting off as it was driving me mad with the constant notifications!

Hi

I have been getting the expired warning since yesterday. the down load time gets updated but the valid time shows EXPIRED i too have disabled the notify...

I have perfomed a hard reset but that was over a week ago and it worked with no problems auto updating when ever i connected to my WIFI network..

to be honest the satelite lock time seems little affected....

Hi, has anyone else had this problem since performing a hard reset on their device?

I have an O2 Orbit which due to SKTools messing up my phone (It was constantly soft rebooting every time it loaded up the 'Today' screen :) ), I have had to do a hard reset. But since then, QuickGPS keeps showing the GPS data as 'Expired' even though i've updated it (i've tried the download update data more than 20 times!!! :D ). I've had to turn the 'notify when expired' setting off as it was driving me mad with the constant notifications!

Guest unorthodox
to be honest the satelite lock time seems little affected....

True, in fact, i've noticed that TomTom seems to get a fix much quicker since QuickGPS had the expired data problem. It now takes seconds as opposed to 1-10 minutes. I seem to be able to get a fix even when i'm indoors, which i've never been able to do before :) I suspect the improved performance may be more related to the hard reset....

hi

i set the date of my Orbit to 7th december and it updates OK :D

revert to correct date and it shows expired :)

still performance for sat fix is OK with the expired prolem so its not a great issue

True, in fact, i've noticed that TomTom seems to get a fix much quicker since QuickGPS had the expired data problem. It now takes seconds as opposed to 1-10 minutes. I seem to be able to get a fix even when i'm indoors, which i've never been able to do before :D I suspect the improved performance may be more related to the hard reset....

Guest unorthodox

Just checked QuickGPS today and it was not showing the data as expired anymore. Did another update and it's showing the data as valid for 3 days. Seems like the application had an issue with the year change and was having problems during the last 3 days of 2006, but sorted itself out after 2007 kicked in.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

• 3 weeks later...