Tom Tom Navigator 6 freezing on Vario II

Guest Michael 1999

Guest EMC-man

I had similar problem to all that have been reported when using a 1GB microSD, since changing to a 2GB card it works fine, no freezes but it did hesitate updating screen when on the move (verbal commands were OK but graphics were not in sync). As the other posts had noted if you have a lot of POI's installed this slows it down. I have now turned these of and it works like a dream! Covered well in excess of 1k miles with no problems.

My opinion, for what its worth, is that its all down to the micro SD card. The M3100 (along with Vario II et al) seem to be quite fussy about what type you use. San Disk seem fine, Transcend not so good.

Guest AndrewH13
**PROBLEM SOLVED!** No more freezing and smooth navigation!

It is worth noting that warnings are only given when navigating a route, so to receive these warnings it is necessary to set a route before departure.

Even if ONLY ON ROUTE not selected in POI screen?

I CLEAR ROUTE when driving known trips but still receive audible warnings when cameras on road (or nearby which can be a pain but better than not at all)

Even if ONLY ON ROUTE not selected in POI screen?

I CLEAR ROUTE when driving known trips but still receive audible warnings when cameras on road (or nearby which can be a pain but better than not at all)

Good point, but with the density of speed cameras in some areas the system could be warning about cameras on roads close by, not necessarily on the road being driven.

I might try deselecting "only on route" and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

Guest AndrewH13
Good point, but with the density of speed cameras in some areas the system could be warning about cameras on roads close by, not necessarily on the road being driven.

I might try deselecting "only on route" and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

I think a wider zoom may cause more cams to be included rather than a closer view but i'm not sure, in theory it should work by distance set for warning rather than whats on screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Malenibo

Have just navigated a round trip of 250 kilometres. Apart from the initial freezing when entering the destination everything worked fine even with two recalculations when I went off route. It seems as though disabling or removing the POI's is the key.

Was thinking of changing to the Navigation system advertised by Orange for the M3100 but will persevere with this now for the time being.

Guest MuratNL

Hi all,

I've also the Transcend MicroSD and my TT6 is also freezing but when you first plug the charger in and then start TT6 it seems to solve the problem.

I guess the freezing can be caused by unsufficient power to the MicroSD card?

Cheers, Murat (Posting his first message at MoDaCo)