O2 XDA Mini S - Hard Reset Help!

Guest C00LH4ND

Guest C00LH4ND

Please can you help!! I have seached the forum and not found anything that answers my question

I am trying to hard reset my XDA using the described method in the manual.

1) Unit must be off (Tried both Off and on "Stand by")

2) Hold in the Comms and Voice Command Buttons

3) Press Reset..

All this is to no avail.. Please can someone advise how they have done it! How long before the screen displays the message "Press Send to restore....."

Many thanks

C00LH4ND

Guest Evilkern
Please can you help!! I have seached the forum and not found anything that answers my question

I am trying to hard reset my XDA using the described method in the manual.

1) Unit must be off (Tried both Off and on "Stand by")

2) Hold in the Comms and Voice Command Buttons

3) Press Reset..

All this is to no avail.. Please can someone advise how they have done it! How long before the screen displays the message "Press Send to restore....."

Many thanks

C00LH4ND

i'm pretty sure you have it on the today screen, and then press the comms+voice button, and whilst holding those press reset, would try it to double check, but i'm not in the mood for reinstalling :)

If you can get into the phone there is an option under settings called 'Clear Storage' that will reset your phone to factory defaults.

Also with the comm and voice command and reset button you need to hold them for a few, and it does need to be powered off to do this.

Guest C00LH4ND

Thanks to you both Evilkern and PDTP.

I opted for a soft reset and it did just the trick. Having been an Microsoft Techy for many years I have developed a degree of Cynisim to using MS software to reset hardware.. Alas I have been proved wrong!! ;-)

Cheers 'n' Ta Muchly

C00LH4ND

Guest Evilkern
Thanks to you both Evilkern and PDTP.

I opted for a soft reset and it did just the trick. Having been an Microsoft Techy for many years I have developed a degree of Cynisim to using MS software to reset hardware.. Alas I have been proved wrong!! ;-)

Cheers 'n' Ta Muchly

C00LH4ND

No problem,

I find that most microsoft software is very proficient in reseting any hardware and destroying data so noone can retrieve it.....now only if i could control when it does this, it'd be great!

Edited by Evilkern