TomTom v6 on SPV C550

Guest t121anf

Guest awarner (MVP)

You may have a copy of TomTom6 but it is not the Windows Smartphone version as the smartphone version is only available for Symbian devices.

You will have a hacked and probably pirated version with a fairly useless UI because you do not have a touch screen. As you are in the US chances are you have a hacked version from the Treo 700 which was a special/early release intended for that device only.

The Smartphone version for Windows devices never reached a final retail release.

You may have a copy of TomTom6 but it is not the Windows Smartphone version as the smartphone version is only available for Symbian devices.

You will have a hacked and probably pirated version with a fairly useless UI because you do not have a touch screen. As you are in the US chances are you have a hacked version from the Treo 700 which was a special/early release intended for that device only.

The Smartphone version for Windows devices never reached a final retail release.

I am in the uk hence SPV C550, can't get SP helper to help me with the touch screen, other people have reported it working

Edited by whatz

Guest awarner (MVP)

So your original comment using my quote stating

"TomTom have not produced a Windows Smartphone version of TomTom 6

The only smartphone version they do is for Symbian devices."

Still stands and has not been corrected by yourself :)

You would be better off trying to get a refund on your purchase and look at an application designed for your device.

• 1 month later...
Guest nehvada
"TomTom have not produced a Windows Smartphone version of TomTom 6

The only smartphone version they do is for Symbian devices."

exactamente :D

the ONLY version that works on your device will be Tomtom Mobile 5

Tomtom Navigator 5 doesnt work neither!!

Tomtom 6 not at all :)