Get the iPhone style for your Pocket PC

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bennish

PFFFFFFFFTT HAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man... hey, we're lucky though. At least Apple isn't the sort of company that's evil and throws its weight around, demanding things... oh wait...

In any case, we were talking about the iPHONE. That's not an Apple trademark, now, is it?

At least they're not hypocrites. At least they didn't use a copyright without permission and then accuse someone else of doing it... oh wait...

Come on here and talk to us yourself Steve. Man of the people.

laughable :)

this is all just too funny... At least it's "good" publicity for modaco and the xda site... Get noticed more \o/

I don't understand though... If showing the pics are a violation of copyright laws or whatever, what about the tons and tons of articles on the web (including news sites like cnn and stuff) that have pics and vids?! What would happen if everyone started hosting pics all over the net on all the sites that host pics?

Edited by yoos

Guest blackberrythemecentral
LINK AND SCREENSHOT REMOVED FOLLOWING AN EMAIL FROM APPLE'S LEGAL TEAM! - click here for more details, and see quote below.

Lusting after the iPhone style but can't wait 6 months (at least)? Don't want to give up your PPC and shell out $600? Then maybe this is the answer!

XDA-Developers user 'hanmin' has been working some magic over in [link removed, see above], to bring you the today screen pictured, courtesy of claunch (free) and phoneAlarm (cha-ching!).

I haven't installed it myself yet (i'm about to though), but you have to admit, it looks pretty slick! :) Give it a try... and let us know how you get on!

P

Can someone please tell me where I can get the iphone icons?

Whoever made that iphone theme, greaat job hats off to ya!!

Shayne

www.blackberrythemecentral.com

Just another thought, why are all the Apple skins for Wisbar Advance and Windows XP acceptable yet a screenshot of an iPhone skin deemed illegal?

Just another reason why I refuse to by anything with the Apple badge on it - Makes a mockery of all those anti-IBM "1984" adverts they ran in the 1980s really doesn't it! :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

It's made the TV news C4 luchtime news talking about modaco (but not in actual name)

They also said APPLE were not prepared to discuss this and declined making a comment.

Cowards they know they have made a kneejerk reaction.

It's made the TV news C4 luchtime news talking about modaco (but not in actual name)

They also said APPLE were not prepared to discuss this and declined making a comment.

Cowards they know they have made a kneejerk reaction.

Can someone email me the icons?

Can someone email me the icons?

You'll find all the icons you need on the Apple iPhone website! :) Will I be in trouble for pointing people towards the official iPhone site?? :D

You'll find all the icons you need on the Apple iPhone website! :) Will I be in trouble for pointing people towards the official iPhone site?? :D

That's where I am looking but I cant find them :D sorry to be a pain

Guest dearsina

Paul, you shouldn't have given in like this, they're just rattling their swords, as you read from their email, they don't really know what they're talking about.

Guest bennish

Dear MoDaCo users

It has come to the attention of iApple iComputer iInc. that there have been discussions on this forum regarding the new Apple iPhone.

We would like to remind you that any discussion about this is strictly forbidden, and we will be taking legal action and seizing all your properties.

Any sentences and/or posts regarding this product are strictly the property of iApple iComputer iInc., and we DEMAND that you immediately remove the entire MoDaCo site and replace it with a redirection to the Apple store.

In addition, any consuming of an apple or apple-like fruit while reading this forum will be considered an illegal act. You are not to place apple peels or 'skins' anywhere near your Windows devices.

thankyou

Edited by bennish

Man I love this look a lot, so I went a little nuts a made a VGA version for my X50v, even though its not a phone (except for using Skype.) Still working on it (in Wisbar Desktop) but thought Id show off what's done so far with all my fancy-pants icons (had to make 'em myself for VGA). BTW the theme is the awesome Vista Portable Edition theme by XcSkins for Wisbar.

http://angelswithcellphones.com/ipWM5.jpg

hope just posting a link isn't verboten! enjoy...

Edited by kiint

Guest bennish
(had to make 'em myself for VGA).

hear that? MADE HIMSELF. *not* iCopyrighted!

Although, kiint, would love to see the vista top bar (which i personally use, and have never been sued by MS for using) replaced with one that entirely by coincidence resembles the ummm... (whispers) top bar of a particular kind of phone... *wink wink*

Edited by bennish

Guest jimbouk

I think that Apple's legal teams are using the same approach as they did with the ppod etc where they were protecting the ipod's unique scroll wheel design and mp3 filing structure... you know the one they ended up having to pay Creative $100 million for, after "borrowing" their patented idea...

Guest fear-otaku

It's just a theme? people use windows xp icons all the time and M$ doesn't sue everyone? I think it's just going to generate bad press for apple, considering they are already in violation for using the iphone name.

News of the Bully-Boy Apple Attitude is spreading fast across the Net, this site picked it up from the Sydney Morning Herald... Yet another mention for Modaco... and someone called Paul somebody-or-other... :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.