Call of Duty 2 Pocket PC Edition now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

After a seemingly endless incubation period in the 'Coming Soon' section of the Aspyr website... Call of Duty 2 Pocket PC Edition is now showing as 'In Stores'!

You can find out more at the COD2PPC webpage, which lists the system requirements as...

Call of Duty® 2 Pocket PC Edition

Platforms: Mobile

Genre: Shooter

ESRB: Teen

Mobile Release Date: January 2007

* Compatible with both Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0

-A personal computer: Running Microsoft Windows 2000/XP or later with Microsoft ActiveSync 4.0 or later

Software Version:

Any Pocket PC or Smartphone with 28mb of free RAM

* 300 MHz Intel XScale® processor

* SD Card with 32mb

Hardware accelerated version:

Any Pocket PC or Smartphone with the Intel 2700G or Nvidia GoForce 5500

graphics chip

* 300 MHz Intel XScale® processor

* SD Card with 32mb free

* 28mb of free RAM

This sadly suggests a whole bunch of devices are gonna be out of luck even for the non accelerated version. If you have a Dell Axim kicking around however, you're on a winner :D

I've posted a few of the screenshots below... and I know the next question is... where can I get it? Well.... I wish I could give you an answer! The product is showing as 'In Stores', but doesn't detail which ones!

Anybody? :)

P

pc_capture2_copy.jpg pc_capture4_copy.jpg pc_capture10_copy.jpg

Guest micaels

Oh my. I knew it was a good thing I had my x51v alive and kicking right at home :)

Now I just have to go and find where to pruchase it.

Edited by micaels

Guest mikeeey
Oh my. I knew it was a good thing I had my x51v alive and kicking right at home :)

Now I just have to go and find where to pruchase it.

wow this has great graphics. i wish i had this for my pocket pc that i dont have lol. il get one eventually and is there a demo for this? if so i wanna try it out whenever i get my pocket pc.

Guest davidhorn
Does it have to be an Intel XScale®? or can it be, say, a TI OMAP 850 clocking at 300MHz! :D

Paul - I think it's been showing "In Stores" for a while now, but I can't be 100% sure. I did ask this a few days ago, but sometimes it takes a week or two to get a reply. :)

Paul - I think it's been showing "In Stores" for a while now, but I can't be 100% sure.

It's been saying that since at least 3rd Jan when I posted about it in a thread relating to the PC version in "The Lounge".

Been waiting on this one for months though I now suspect it won't run on my Blue Angel (M2000).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.