SafeMode 2.1 update for Pocket PC released

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
safemode_logo.jpg

Monocube, developers of SafeMode for Pocket PC (and valued Plus Partners), have dropped us a line to let us know that version 2.1 has just been released.

A free upgrade for all existing customers (including MoDaCo Plus members), Safemode 2.1 includes:
  • support for more devices (AKU 3.x Windows Mobile versions)
  • better "services" handling: this prevents services from starting until you get a chance to enter SafeMode
  • visual confirmation when starting in SafeMode
  • packed files for smaller size - yes, I know, they were already small, but now they are about half the size :)

With a combination of this application and Sprite Backup, i've never had to do an expected hard reset, and never should have to again :D

You should uninstall the previous version before installing SafeMode 2.1, which you can download here!

Monocube are also now inviting Smartphone owners to join their SafeMode for Smartphone Beta programme! For details, view the details on this page.

P

I am just wondering but has anyone actually required to boot into 'Safe Mode' on a PPC ever?

I have the option via my SPB pocket plus but never used it or even wished i had... anyone comment?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stats101

I just can't seem to get this working on my tytn.. matter of fact, I can't get any safe mode applications working! I switched on the option to show the dialogue box when I reset.. and I've reset the ppc in every way possinle with no outcome.

any suggestion?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.