Is MDA Compact III slower than it should be?

Guest NightFox

Guest NightFox

Only had my MDAC III for a few days now, so I'm still also using my O2 Xda Mini S (HTC Wizard etc) until my number's ported and whilst I transfer stuff over.

Noticed something though with File explorer - when I browse to /Windows with my Xda, it takes a couple of seconds to display the directory, but when I do the same with my MDAC, it take ages - probably around 30 seconds. Both devices are clean of any o2/t-Mob customisation, and have roughly the same number of files in /windows. I thought these both had the same speed processors, so why the difference? Is the T-Mob ROM duff?

Guest spangelsaregreat
Only had my MDAC III for a few days now, so I'm still also using my O2 Xda Mini S (HTC Wizard etc) until my number's ported and whilst I transfer stuff over.

Noticed something though with File explorer - when I browse to /Windows with my Xda, it takes a couple of seconds to display the directory, but when I do the same with my MDAC, it take ages - probably around 30 seconds. Both devices are clean of any o2/t-Mob customisation, and have roughly the same number of files in /windows. I thought these both had the same speed processors, so why the difference? Is the T-Mob ROM duff?

Hi,

My MDAC3 can also be a bit slow in reading the mail windows directory (due to the large number of files in there) but my JAMin was exactly the same. Overall I would have to say the MDAC3 is faster than the JAMin was.

Regards

Guest Masonary

It takes forever on mine too using the normal file explorere.

Using total commander speeds things up nicely, still not instant though. I just tried it and it was approx 5-6 seconds.

Guest PavelR.
Using total commander speeds things up nicely, still not instant though. I just tried it and it was approx 5-6 seconds.

... yes the same here with Resco File Explorer. It takes some 6-10 seconds to list all files in Windows folder ... Well, it is perfect but still better than the File Explorer thing built-in ROM. Hoever, I believe it is not about the speed of the CPU but has something to do with the way the File Explorer approaches the file system ...

PavelR.

Guest benwiddowson
... yes the same here with Resco File Explorer. It takes some 6-10 seconds to list all files in Windows folder ... Well, it is perfect but still better than the File Explorer thing built-in ROM. Hoever, I believe it is not about the speed of the CPU but has something to do with the way the File Explorer approaches the file system ...

PavelR.

My Compact 3 seems quick