C600, headphones in, yet speaker still working?

Guest stormy

Hi,

I think I may have originially posted this to the wrong forum.

I have just got a C600 from Orange and I have noticed something strange.

The thing is if I have the headphones in yet mess with the phone sound settings, get an incoming call or text message the sound comes through the headphones and speaker.

If I put my headphones in to listen to WMP then it outputs to the headphones great and NOT to the speaker.

Why am I getting any sound out of the speaker when the headphones are in and why is WMP behaving correctly yet the rest of the phone functions dont seem to?

(I originally thought it was something to do with the headphone socket being recessed compared to that of my C500 and the headphone was not making a connection yet that doesnt explain why WMP, and Pocket Player output to headphones only when the jack is in).

When I put the headphones in the phone switches to "headphone" profile and when I take it out it reverts to "normal"

I also noticed that something similar from people with C500's but if I try to use that fix and set the "headphone" profile to no sound if I have my headphones on yet use the phone to set ringers, set volumes I get NO sound from the phone in the headphones or speaker (presumable because I disabled it). Media players still work.

Do the Media players use some different setting or registry values or something?

Cheers,

Mike

when I've got my headphones in while listening to music in my QTEK 8310 and im using msn at the same time, the music fades quiter and i hear the msn alert tone from the headphones and my device. The tone then cuts out and my music plays loud from my devicce's speaker for like 1.5sec and gose back to normal.

Im not sure what is the problem with yours, if no one can answer your question, i guess its a fault and you should take it back to orange.

If there is a reg edit to solve my problem aswell, please tell :)

Edited by jrdas

when I've got my headphones in while listening to music in my QTEK 8310 and im using msn at the same time, the music fades quiter and i hear the msn alert tone from the headphones and my device. The tone then cuts out and my music plays loud from my devicce's speaker for like 1.5sec and gose back to normal.

Im not sure what is the problem with yours, if no one can answer your question, i guess its a fault and you should take it back to orange.

If there is a reg edit to solve my problem aswell, please tell :)

Thats the thing I am not convinced its a "hardware fault". The hardware realises when the headphones are in and when they are not it. My phone performs just like yours. (even with the 1.5sec music blast)

When using ANY application other than music players (in your case MSN) the phone seems to output to BOTH the speaker and the headphones. You can change your headphone profile to off volumes (but then I suspect you wont hear anything from msn at all in your headphones or speaker). Its a real pity there is not a "speaker volume" & "headphone volume" in settings.

If using a Music application (WMP, Pocket Player) then the player (either in a software switch or registry entry possibly) seems to disable the speaker completely for its own output. This does not affect the rest of the operating system or other applications. As you have found however if you use a music application and an other application you get problems as the music application has disabled the speaker, yet the application still tries to use it.

Mike

Edited by stormy