First Look: Asus Pegasus

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

thumb_18-Jan-2007_asus_pegasus_1.jpg

A totally environment-friendly product to reflect the company’s respect for a green planet. Pegasus is a super-slim (15.4 mm) PDA phone that incorporates a PDA, a phone and a GPS navigation system in perfect union. The numeric keypad is handy for its phoning functions; a jog dial enhances the interface operation; single-handed control perfectly unites a phone with a PDA. The camera body is finished with brushed aluminum and diamond-cut edges to accentuate superior taste and a feeling of luxury.

This sexy looking beauty has turned up burried in the recesses of the 2007 iF Product Design Awards online exhibition. Apart from the pictures and the quoted text above, there's not alot else to be said about this device at present. Apart from the fact it looks great and I want one! :)

Possible specs? Depending on the target market I'm thinking QVGA screen, possibly running WM6, 2.0MP Camera. It doesn't have a forward facing camera so 3G/HSDPA is probably doubtful. It should have WiFi and at least a 400Mhz CPU. Oh and the GPS should be SiRF Star III to be competitive. Just my opinion, don't shoot me if i'm wrong m'kay? Of course, this could have just been a one off exercise in design and therefore will never see that light of day! :D [/teaser]

18-Jan-2007_asus_pegasus_2.jpg

[Source] via [Unwired View]

Guest Ingvarr

Where. Is. The. Joystick??? :)

But of course this can mean it has jog dial :D

I bet that in specs it will be much of crossover between P525 and P535.

Edited by Ingvarr

is it realesing in the uk... if it dose where would it be sold and how much?

My guess would be expansys.com but as the OP said, there's very little info about it yet so we're along way away from price and stockists :)

gr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.