type ray and the dash tries to call voicemail

Guest jessepdx

Guest jessepdx

if i type "ray" (a name in my phonebook) at the main screen on my dash, i get a message from the dialer asking me to confirm that i want to dial voice mail...

the "r" and "a" give me a feedback tone but the "y" doesn't, the phone sorta pauses and the dialer confirmation prompt comes up.

if i go to contacts first, then i am able to type "ray" and successfully call my boss

anyone have a clue on how to fix this weirdness

Guest jessepdx
if i type "ray" (a name in my phonebook) at the main screen on my dash, i get a message from the dialer asking me to confirm that i want to dial voice mail...

the "r" and "a" give me a feedback tone but the "y" doesn't, the phone sorta pauses and the dialer confirmation prompt comes up.

if i go to contacts first, then i am able to type "ray" and successfully call my boss

anyone have a clue on how to fix this weirdness

nevermind, it seems that tmobile placed an entry on my SIM for "voice mail" at position 3. i have nothing saved on my SIM and hide it in the phone options since i sync with an exchange server.

Edited by jessepdx

Guest tweezer
nevermind, it seems that tmobile placed an entry on my SIM for "voice mail" at position 3. i have nothing saved on my SIM and hide it in the phone options since i sync with an exchange server.

I'm having the same problem. Is there a way to bypass the SIM speed dial without deleting all the contacts off of my SIM card?

• 3 weeks later...