Vario II - reminders fai lto pop up and sound alarm

Guest stampax

Guest stampax

When i set an appointment on my Vario II it fails to pop up on the screen and sound an alarm to remind me. I have everything obvious ticked. Please help! I am using spb pocket plus and pocket diary.

I have it synced with my laptop, and reminders still flash up on that fine.

Guest marisa4755

Hi Stampax

This is quite a common problem which occurrs for a lot of users. I have found in the past that this was almost always caused by duplicate, or old and out of date notifications.

What I did (following good advice on the forums) is to install an applications like Checknotifications by scarybear (free) or memmaid or sk tools.

Run the notifications bit and first clear all (if any duplicates). Then look carefully at each notification.

LEAVE ALONE the ones where you don't know what they do, look at the ones marked Calendar. Check and make sure that these are current, ie don't belong in the past etc. Just delete those.

Then soft reset, and if this was your problem, things should be back to normal.

ps This isn't a 'one off' thing, you have to check this periodically, to make sure everything is ok.

This does seem to have something to do with 3rd party software, especially today plug ins. Very few people running none of these have this problem. Also, the problem is almost always 'cured' by a hard reset, but of course as soon as you start installing software as above, it comes back.

Hope this works for you.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ged_UK

Interestingly, I'm not running a today plugin (unless the MSN one is one?) and I've had this problem. Haven't managed to fix it yet, i've got a lot of appointments and tasks to clear through

Guest marisa4755

All sorts of things can cause this problem. When I updated Activesync to 4.5 from 4.2 it suddenly decided that I would like lots of copies of some of my notifications (6 in one case!).

Also I was beta testing Live messenger client, and that was horrendous as it decided (despite being told not to!) that I wanted to synchronise all my contacts throughout the universe (with their birthdays) for ever and ever. This gave me about a hundred 'extra' notifications for the same things.

Programs that set/control alarms can do this too, and sometimes they just happen for no good reason that I can see. However, most people find that if you hard reset and don't install anything at all, you don't get the problem, so, it must be a software 'thing', it's just a matter of trying to track down which particular thing it is.

Good luck