M3100 Issues

Guest mattgod69

Guest mattgod69

Hi, I have had my M3100 for about a week now and have noticed the following issues:

Lazy buttons on the front of the phone (dial and hangup) sometimes they dont work.

Lazy keyboard.... somtimes none of the keys work

The phone reporting being charged when it is not

Apps starting on their own (when lock is turned off, the phone, IE etc are running and all need closing)

Nightmare MicroSD card slot.... the card went in too far..... but i eventually managed to get it out

Stupid alarm (in that it doesnt work!)

I know some of these may have been documented elsewhere, but for some reason the topic appears to be locked.

Anyone found the same problems??

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stuartn

lol youthink your situation is bad, I have just joined a new company and they have just switched all mobiles for the SPV M3100, its amazing that a phone can be sold that is still so full of bugs and problems, i have seen All of the probelms you have listed on 50% of the phones that have bee nsent out, ( about 14/29 of the phone we have sent out.) the only thing orange suggest it to hard reset the phone.

now i didnt have aproblem doing this when i had first got the phone becuase aftwr setting up 28 of them in a day the setup becomes secod nature, But what im not happy about is the way that it deletes my high score on Bubble breaker! not the end of the world but i got a good score ^.^ and it would be a shame to lose it. so as for now i have just had to do soft reboots until the phone sorts itself out.

i have just had a new problem come to my attention, ( which apparently the guy thats experiencing it says that orange know about the fault and say a hard reset will solve it. - the only problem is the phone is now over 200miles away in the hands of someone that doesnt know which end of the mouse to shoot with and if you told him to stick something on the desktop he'd glue the monitor to his desk. Hense why im here trying to find any way for him to solve his problem without him sending the phone back to me, and without me going through the setup over the phone with him (any1 in Tech support will know how difficult it is to explain to computer iliterate people how to fix something, with out them going off on a tangent and causing more problems then they first started with.

anyway,

if any1 knows how to fix the problem of the Sound Notifications stopping at random,(soft reset brings them back for maybe 2/3 hours before they dissapear again) Please let me know - Orange solution as with everything is to hard reset,

Stuart

i've had lots of problems with my m3100 too. it's getting to the stage where i really don't think i'd buy another pocketpc phone. i'm starting to think that i'd like a phone that just works everyday.

i have the same phone / hangup issues. i've had the phone ring and i've been unable to answer the damn thing. next time the phone rang, it wouldn't stop ringing until i took the battery out. i also have common issues with the screen not registering screen presses which drives me nuts.

i really expected a rom update long before this. sad.

Guest jimbouk

Have you guys installed any third party software?

Whilst I know a few people who have had a few issues with their 3100s, I also know of loads of very satisfied users - me included.

i've been reasonably satisfied with my phone but the little bugs and issues are just plain annoying now.

i appreciate what you're saying about 3rd party apps but the that's the point about pocketpcs - they're meant to be able to handle 3rd party apps without basic functionality like the phone not working.

:-(

Guest jimbouk

Yeah but MS have no control over who develops the apps. Anyone can write an app for WM5 and if its buggy then it screws up the device and/or OS reputation.

I have spb pocket plus and SPB Mobile shell, plus copilot on my 3100 and other than the odd 3g issue with orange, it works really well.

Guest matt1971
Yeah but MS have no control over who develops the apps. Anyone can write an app for WM5 and if its buggy then it screws up the device and/or OS reputation.

Deleted

Edited by matt1971

Guest Seraphic

I think any 3rd party apps which affect calling, monitoring, skinning, etc. are likely to cause problems. I've got third party apps installed but have been careful about what I've put on, and I don't get any of the mentioned problems. My biggest gripe is that WM phones arent the quickest to begin ringing when a call comes in - sometimes theres a delay of a few seconds - and the ringer continues for a few seconds after the caller has hung up. Very annoying.