Homescreen Designer 2.0 for WM 5.0 released!

Guest Dumdidum

Guest xcalibur2204

Still not really sure if this program is accessible for the T-Mobile dash. At the top of the post you mention NOT for square screens. Justing by looking at the Dash screen it seems square. Will your program support the Dash?

I would like to ask...

The original homescreen designer resolution does not support SPV C550 properly. have to manually edit xml after creating screen.

C550 has same resolution as WM5 devices 320x220 but is WM2003se.

Madbeetle homescreen designer works on C550 because it has the same resolution even though it was written to support WM5.

So question is.

Will it run on C550 ? If not will original designer be updates to support resolution of C550 ?

Still not really sure if this program is accessible for the T-Mobile dash. At the top of the post you mention NOT for square screens. Justing by looking at the Dash screen it seems square. Will your program support the Dash?

It support the Dash allright. The Dash is a QVGA Landscame device (320x240)

Some phones (I think the treo devices) are square screen (240x240) There the ones it doesn't support.

hth

gr

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

First to say;Great App,Sven! You did it again...a wonderful helper!And,...sorry for my poor english...

Of course,a little bit critic;I mean,there is a way to include third-party Plugins, so long as many of the Standart-Parameters are encouraged, like the new BLive-Plugin or CPS (you know,maniacs CellProfileSwitcher), and the famous SPB GPRSMonitor...

@Sven

Ich mach einfach mal ein bisschen auf Deutsch weiter,ist einfacher.Für das beste Tool seiner Art wäre es doch allemal Wünschenswert,wenn man sich gerade seine erkauften DrittAnbieterPlugins einfach einbinden kann.Die meisten, die sich dein Tool anschaffen, sind ja gerade diejeniegen,die überhaubt nicht mit XML können, auf der anderen Seite sollten sich ja Plugins, die, wie gesagt, die StandartAttribute wie Höhe,X-Y-Position oder Farbattribute unterstützen, sich ja nicht viel anders verhalten, als die vorhandenen StandartPlugins.

Ich hab schon einige HomescreenPlugins HIER auf MJ in einer Liste zusammengefasst, zugegeben, nicht alle sind geeignet, vieles wäre unverhältnismässig Aufwändig, so stelle ich mir das SmartMonitorPlugin oder das LCDPlugin als GrauHaarUrsache vor, das FizzTravellerPlugin dagegen sollte sich als "Fertiger Block" als eine Art XML-Snippet dagegen doch sehr einfach einbinden lassen?!?

Wenn ich mal so dreist sein darf;Ein Vorschlag:

Eigenschaften unbekannter Plugins als Externe .dat- oder .inf Datei anbieten, wobei die ensprechenden unbekannten Parameter, falls vorhanden, entweder bereits festgelegt sind, oder wie bei bekannten Parametern als Variable angeboten werden.Grafiken sollten auch mitgeliefert werden...

So sollte sich dein Programm ständig erweitern lassen, durch Plugins für HomescreenPlugins!

greetz

arpy

About qqvga resolutions...it may be hard in rapport with low numeber of users but by not making it avalible in your program represents lack of seriosity...honestly; if i want to buy something i want to be sure that it has a great support. And let's not forget that S310 it's relatively new SP. Cheers mate!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ozarkoz

How long does it take to get an activation code for this software? I sent Sven $15 about 2 weeks ago via PayPal and according to his web site you receive the code within 1 working day. 2 weeks later I still don't have a code. What gives Sven???? ;)

Homescreen Designer for WM 5.0 for Smartphone

1. What is Homescreen Designer?

With Homescreen Designer, you can design your own powerful Homescreens for Smartphones without any XML-Knowlegde. It's pure What You See Is What You Get!

2. System Requirements

This version of Homescreen Designer is only supporting Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone (Portrait and Landscape, NO Square)

If you want to design Homescreens for Smartphone 2002/2003, please visit our Homepage (www.ruttensoft.com)

• Windows XP Desktop PC with Activesync (Vista NOT supported yet, but an update will be provided soon)
  • .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your Desktop PC (Download)
  • Smartphone with WM 5.0 for Smartphone (QVGA Portrait or Landscape)
  • 1024x768-Screen Minimum

This version of Homescreen Designer is standalone and does not support Smartphone 2002/2003. If you have purchased Homescreen Desinger 1.XX, and you want to upgrade (5$, paypal only), please write an Email to upgrade (at) ruttensoft.com

4. Plugins

The following plugins are supported (more to be implemented in the future!)
    • Iconbar
    • MRU
    • Time
    • Date
    • Carrier
    • SMS
    • Email/MMS
    • Calendar
    • Allday

You can change the following system screens:

• VolumeBox
      • QuestionBox
      • InformationBox
      • ExclamationBox
      • ErrorBox

6. Awards

Smartphonenominee.gif195.gif

7. Saving modes

You can save a Homescreen as:

[*]HME-File: A single homescreen file, which you can distribute

[*]XML-File: The Homescreen XML-File itself, if you want to change some things manually

[*]Direct Upload to your Smartphone: You can upload and activate your Homescreen to your Smartphone

[*]with one single click!

[*]hsd_wm5-File: Project file for Homscreen Designer, so others can change your homescreen

8. Support

For support, please visit our Homepage

9. Share your homescreens

Share your beautiful homescreens in uploading them to modaco.com

10. Download

You can download a trial (which you can run 4 times) from our website

Guest ozarkoz

All is well now, thanks Sven. :D

How long does it take to get an activation code for this software? I sent Sven $15 about 2 weeks ago via PayPal and according to his web site you receive the code within 1 working day. 2 weeks later I still don't have a code. What gives Sven???? ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest DaveE58
Hi and thanks for your post.

1. Actually the HTC 310 is the only WM 5.0-phone with 176x220-Display available on the market, and it is unlikely that there will come others. Because the biggest effort is to change screen resolution, which would take us very long, it's just not very good to spent that many time for that, as there are only a few owning this phone. We will concentrate on the QVGA-Users and implement new plugins.

2. Closing to our own format has nothing to do with creating a new format. It's just nearly impossible to let Homescreen Designer import existing XML-Files (or HME, which is nohting more than a compressed XML-File). There are too many plugins around, and the Microsoft-System to show the plugins is not so good, so it wont be possible.

Sven

iPAQ Voice Messenger 514 smartphone (500 series) with WM 6.0 also has a 176 x 220 display.

Nice phone, shame I cannot use your software..

Any suggestions for alternative software??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dragonracer614

wonder if it works on the Shadow.

if does, then i mght give it a try since have nothing better to do other than playing Mario Kart for Wii. :D

• 3 months later...
Guest Nocturne Creations

I have a quick question about the home screen designer, I was able to make a home screen to my liking but for some reason when I added it to my phone the date and time were missing.

I have a Blackjack II can you help me out with this? When I did a screen shot it shows it but when I put it on my phone with active sync it was not there :D

Also it it possible to fix the date? so that it reads Monday July 21,2008? Did I do something wrong there?

post-409728-1216711984_thumb.png