First Look: OKWAP S868

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

[teaser]

thumb_01-Feb-2007_s868_5.jpg

Now this looks interesting! Forget your run-of-the-mill scroll wheels, the S868 Pocket PC phone from OKWAP has an iPod style virtual scroll wheel! :D

Apparently, the number key arrangement is touch-sensitive and allows you to scroll by a mere thumb gesture! Ok, once the novelty wears off you'll probably get bored of it but it's still a cool feature nonetheless :D

Specs for this vision in white are as follows:

• WM5 for PPC
  • Intel PXA270 416Mhz CPU
  • 2.4" touch screen
  • 2.0MP Camera (w/auto focus)
  • 128MB ROM
  • 64MB RAM

The chances of this making it's way across the pond are, well, slim but hey, a guy can hope! :D

01-Feb-2007_s868_vs_hermes_herald.jpg

More pics and another large comparison shot (I'm all about the comparison shots baby :D ) after the jump...[/teaser]

01-Feb-2007_s868_vs_hermes_herald_large.jpg

01-Feb-2007_s868_1.jpg

01-Feb-2007_s868_2.jpg

01-Feb-2007_s868_3.jpg

01-Feb-2007_s868_4.jpg

01-Feb-2007_s868_5.jpg

[Source] (sorry, no translation - they do funny redirecting stuff :) )

Guest jasnewt

I would kill for a Pocket PC phone like this! I find the range of PPC phones in the UK so uninspiring at the moment. I want one like this that is relatively compact, a decent processor, and has a numeric keypad for easy one-handed dialing like my current C600 Smartphone.

Anyone know if there is anything like this in the offing that will be available in the UK?

The HTC Vox looks interesting (and therefore probably won't get released here!), but runs the Smartphone version of Win Mobile. I want one running PPC software.

Jason.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.