Best Sat Nav for M3100?

Guest T39andcounting

Guest T39andcounting

I'd like to use my M3100 as a sat nav in the car. Currently I'm using my old Treo650 with TomTom 5 and a GPS receiver built into the cradle, so I need to buy the lot!

I quite like the TomTom interface, so would be happy sticking with that, but from looking at the forums TomTom doesn't seem very compatible. Are there any other options? I need UK maps, and preferably France and the rest of Europe. I'll also need a GPS receiver, (can someone confirm that the M3100 can work with a bluetooth GPS and handsfree kit at the same time?!) MicroSD card and dashboard mount. I don't need to use it out of the car, (walking, etc) although that functionality would be nice!

I'd also like to spend as little as possible! :-D

Any suggestions?

Oh, and with a dash mount, is it better to have it mounted vertically and closed, or horizontally and open, (and does the Sat Nav software support both?)

Guest The Doctor
I'd like to use my M3100 as a sat nav in the car. Currently I'm using my old Treo650 with TomTom 5 and a GPS receiver built into the cradle, so I need to buy the lot!

I quite like the TomTom interface, so would be happy sticking with that, but from looking at the forums TomTom doesn't seem very compatible. Are there any other options? I need UK maps, and preferably France and the rest of Europe. I'll also need a GPS receiver, (can someone confirm that the M3100 can work with a bluetooth GPS and handsfree kit at the same time?!) MicroSD card and dashboard mount. I don't need to use it out of the car, (walking, etc) although that functionality would be nice!

I'd also like to spend as little as possible! :-D

Any suggestions?

Oh, and with a dash mount, is it better to have it mounted vertically and closed, or horizontally and open, (and does the Sat Nav software support both?)

I am also interested in the above :)

Phil