Orange UK ditch SPV C100 for HTC S310

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
post-1-1170624946_thumb.jpg

Over on CoolSmartphone, gears is reporting on a scan of the February Orange catalogue which shows the SPV C100 as being replaced by the HTC S310... the same HTC Oxygen handset, but branded HTC rather than Orange.

You know what? He's right too!

To the right is an exclusive pic of the dummy units that are now arriving in Orange stores. You'll note it's a white HTC S310, interesting as the Orange catalogue shows a black handset. Could the S310 be offered (as well as the M700) in a choice of colours?

The plot thickens!

P

Thanks steven for the pic!

Guest pisquee

Hmm.

this poses some questions...

Is this the beginning of the end of the Orange SPV brand line?

Will the HTC phone still have as much Orange branding in the software?

Because this is a lower spec to the current SPVs, is Orange using the HTC brand to seperate the two?

Guest Paul (MVP)
It's also shown at about £129.99 (PAYG) I think, including £10 credit. Which I think isn't too bad at all...

If only it didn't have that damn 176x220 screen!

P

Orange is getting wierd over here in holland it is branded as a c100 with the orange logo , its in 2 colours a black one and a white one , looks like the orange network could be splitting up to me :)

Guest wolfcrusader
post-1-1170624946_thumb.jpg

Over on CoolSmartphone, gears is reporting on a scan of the February Orange catalogue which shows the SPV C100 as being replaced by the HTC S310... the same HTC Oxygen handset, but branded HTC rather than Orange.

You know what? He's right too!

To the right is an exclusive pic of the dummy units that are now arriving in Orange stores. You'll note it's a white HTC S310, interesting as the Orange catalogue shows a black handset. Could the S310 be offered (as well as the M700) in a choice of colours?

The plot thickens!

P

Thanks steven for the pic!

Is there any new services/menus that come with the unbranded HTC S310? Is Orange promoting something else?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.