Eten Glofiish X500 and M700... T-Mobile UK users beware!

Guest PaulOBrien

• 1 month later...
Guest flykiwi
I've just got back from a short break, and have mailed Eten for an update.

P

Paul did you find out anything further re the M700 and T-Mobile? I'm a user in the US and when I placed the SIM card in my new M700 this morning it couldn't connect to the network so I am assuming it's the same issue here as well.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RussWWFC

Well I was debating over whether to try to get a E-Ten M700 or a HTC TyTn (or MDA Vario II) to replace my Mio A701. But T-Mobile is my must have network due to Web & Walk.

Looks like E-Ten have very kindly made the decision for me, a shame as I fancied the built in GPS

Guest irblinx

I passed the M700 on a while ago but unfortunately still have to support it so this is driving me potty! I was hoping that the WM6 upgrade would fix this issue (and all the others) but same experience as pedg for our guy.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Still working with Eten on this - I have given them another debug file and am hoping they'll have a fully working fix soon! :rolleyes:

P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hopson60
Still working with Eten on this - I have given them another debug file and am hoping they'll have a fully working fix soon! :)

P

Hi, is there any progress on the t-mobile GPRS issue? I'm looking for a device with phone, wi-fi and GPS integrated, and the Eten X500 seems to tick all the boxes. However, I will soon be travelling a great deal and cannot do without the t-mobile GPRS functionality.

BTW first post so hello everybody :P

Guest RussWWFC

I'd like to know too, I am getting T-Mobile and may get a 12 month free deal on a boring phone and use the funds I would have spent on a contract on the M700

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ashley Davis
Does anyone know how to revert an eten m700 from WM5 to WM5 and if this will allow the m700 to work with Virgin Mobile GPRS?

Thanks

Ash

Opps... I did mean from WM6 to WM5.

Cheers

Ash

Does anyone know how to revert an eten m700 from WM5 to WM5 and if this will allow the m700 to work with Virgin Mobile GPRS?

Thanks

Ash

I'm guessing you'd have to just flash it with the WM5 ROM..if you can find that anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wildstyle

This device will not work on both T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile until Eten get their act together and release a radio firmware upgrade. Virgin uses T-Mobiles Network and hence suffers the same GPRS issue as T-Mobile users. Rolling back to WM5 will not help.

The issue is that the Eten devices do not support the ciphering model employed by TM(UK). All other WM devices do as it is within GSM Spec.

Keep pushing Eten to resolve this, I have with little luck so far.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.