Disappearing work proxy settings

Guest UKMadBeef

Guest UKMadBeef

Just got myself an M3100 - nice kit, bit of a brick but my last one was a razr hehe ... but this proxy thing is doing my head in!

All my wireless nets except one are set to Teh Intarnet and they all work fine. One I have set as Work and I configured the proxy according to what I have set up there. I don't need explicit proxy settings anyway, but if I just click the "Connect to Internet" option on my Work network, it NEVER saves the setting! (I mean you go straight back in and it's all unticked)

The only way I can make it save the fact that my Work network goes to the Internet is to set a proxy. I remove the default SOCKS setting and change the HTTP for the network it's on.

This works for a time, but I'll go back to my phone (no reset involved just standby) and suddenly the settings have changed to the apparent defaults of 127.0.0.1:8080 for HTTP and 127.0.0.1:1080 for SOCKS. Which renders it useless on that network as I am obviously not running proxies on my M3100 ... there is netcat for CE but that would be a kludge at best.

Should I just hard reset the bugger to teach it a lesson? I haven't only because I half suspect some crap Orange code is doing this in the first place, but by the same token it could be some crap I've installed. (sorry I have installed a lot of crap hehe come on I just got it)

Any clues most appreciated as I can't surreptitiously browse skinflicks at work without messing with proxy settings haha :) This is my first post for ages so hello to mpxtricky and alphaflux if you guys are still around from the MPX200 days fiddling with regedit :D

PS. anyone know an SMS filter that will put incoming SMS into subfolders? pref. integrated with a call filter, etc .. tried a few but they're all crap or only filter to bin .. how bad are the APIs?

PPS. Cisco VPN. Any takers? Also (different problem hehe) is there a maximum PSK length on MS L2TP on WM5? I do need to do more Googling also ......

Cheers :D