claunch and the memory tool

Guest xeno1

I just installed claunch and wanted to add the memory tool thats located under settings since I'm constantly going in there to shut down running programs. Does anyone know where that programs located at and what the name of it is? I've searched every file on here at least twice and the windows file more times than I can count and can't seem to find it. I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know where it is so I can stop looking for it.

Thanks anyway mandt, and I do appreciate your help on the memory one. I have a quick question for you about themegence since I see you have a link to it in your signature. I actually just got my mda less than a week ago and themegence was one of the first things I downloaded since my last phone was a smartphone with with windows mobile 2003 and it was easy to make desktops for it, all I had to do is resize an image and put it on my desktop but when I went to 2005 I found out that that didn't quite work anymore. Anyway, in the last few days I've made about 10 themes but for some reason the start bar and the system tray never end up quite being the color I intended them to be. Red ends up being pink, black ended up being some maroonish brown color, etc... everything else comes out the right color though. By any chance does this happen to you also, or is it just me?

It's not the program, It's the way WM5 defines the colours for the bars

I've used three different theme generators and they all do the same thing

but...

luckily ThemeGenCE has a feature to make this a little easier

Connect your phone via ActiveSync

Click on the WM5 tab, then the WM5 button under BaseHue,DPI

in the window that opens click 'PDA interaction', then as you choose the colour from the scale you will be able to see it for real on your device

Tick the box 'Create BaseHue Key for the Theme' and then 'Validate'

No more Guesswork!!

Cool, thanks. I did try using the WM5 color chooser for a few of them that I made but I didn't check the create base hue key box and every one of those themes ended up with gray start and system tray bars. Now I can can go back and fix all of them to be the way I wanted. I'll have to up a few of them here when I get done.

Hey mandt, maybe you could help me out with one more thing. I have about 20 today screens that I've made already and so I decided to upload a few, but when I try it keeps telling me that the file type is not supported. The preview is a .jpg and for the file I've tried uploading it in the .tsk format, as a zip file and a rar file but it wont let me upload any of them. Am I doing something wrong? I have some pretty cool today screens (at least I think they are anyway) and it'd be nice to add a few of them to the download section.

Hi mate,

Er dunno....It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong

I know Pauls been playing with the site recently, maybe somethings broke!!!

Be interesting to see what you've come up with :)

Thanks yet again. I thought that maybe I wasn't allowed to upload or something. I'll keep trying.

In the interest of what I actually started this thread about though, I'm still trying to figure out how to link the today app in to claunch. I've been searching through the registry for a few hours now trying to figure out where microsoft hid the damn thing. You wouldn't think they'd make something like that so difficult to find. I'll find it eventually though. :)

• 3 months later...
Guest mandt

Well I know it's been a while but here you go!

today.zip

shortcus to the today options in settings: one for the first tab to change your theme, one for the second tab to change the items.

Put the .dll in \Windows. the shortcuts you can put where you want

I gave them icons of my own design, Vista inspired!

I'm working on a full set for all the Control panel options, if anyone wants 'em then say so

Guest xeno1

That's a little weird, I just figured out how to do that yesterday. I was actually just getting ready to put it on here for you.

I have all the links to everything in the system folder and I was going to go through the shellres.96.dll tonight and find the locations of all the icons so I could post all of them on here.

I just downloaded yours and it looks like you did it a little different than I did. I didn't create a new .dll with just the today icon in it, I haven't gotten around to learning how to create one yet but I downloaded something that's supposed to be able to.

Anyway, here's the link I made: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,13?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-8218

where the 8218 is the link to the location of the icon in the shellres.96.dll.

Guest xeno1

I found out the 8218 didn't work like I thought it did.

This one does though: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe

cplmain.cpl,13?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13952

Anyone wanting to use this in cLaunch, all you have to do is copy this in to notepad and name it today.lnk, but before you hit save make sure you change the "save as file type" from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files" or all you'll end up with is a .txt file that doesn't do anything. (for the people that haven't done too much of this kind of thing)

Later on tonight I'll see if I can't find the locations of all of the rest Icons in the shellres.96.dll and post them on here so everyone can use them and you don't have to make .dll files for them MandT (unless of course you want to :rolleyes: )

Guest mandt

Hey I just can't stop tweaking, and my icon looks better!

Making your own icon resources isn't difficult, I wrote a post on how to do it >HERE<, five posts down

Have you managed to extract shellres.96.dll from your device?

Guest xeno1

Ok, here you go. I couldn't find all of the icons in the shellres.96.dll, but i did find quite a few of them.

Here are all complete links that I've been able to find the links and the icons for:

Lock (set password): 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,1?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13942

Owner Information: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,2?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13841

Power: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,3?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13895

Memory: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,4?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13900

About: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,5?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-1389

Input: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,8?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13936

Sounds and Notifications: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,9?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13924

Remove Programs: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,10?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13943

Buttons: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,12?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13944

Today: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,13?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13952

Beam: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,15?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13910

Clock and Alarms: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,16?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13840

Network Cards: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,17?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13888

Connections: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,19?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13961

Phone: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,20?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13953

Certificates: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,22?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13941

Bluetooth: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,23?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13909

Backlight: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe mycpl.cpl,2?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-13902

CSD Line Type: 34#\Windows\ctlpnl.exe mycpl.cpl,13?\windows\shellres.96.dll,-8335

Anyone wanting to use them, the instructions on how to create them is 2 posts up. Thanks to chucky.egg who posted the important parts of theses links, the links themselves. The only thing I really did is found the icons that go to them.

MandT, when you get done with your icons, post them on here so I can check them out. Stock icons pretty much suck anyway. When I first figured out how to put these links into cLaunch I hadn't figured out where the icons were so I made a couple of my own but I'm not exactly that computer artistic so they didn't turn out all that well. It'll be cool to have some nice icons for these.

Edited by xeno1